37 replies to this topic

#21 Spookyshoes

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Much love for my Yen Lo Wang.

107KPH with speed tweak, strolling through the Countryside putting AC20 rounds into peoples faces.

Hit and run is the name of the game, dont ever stop running and dont think that a Yen Lo with no AC20 is not a threat.... they are usually the ones that get you.

#22 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

#23 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 August 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

also, do to beam duration, M Pulse are MUCH better for strafing.

because I can do that combo, better, in other Cents?

UH No, you cant.
No other Centurion can carry two UAC5's.
And before anyone complains about jamming UAC5's dont jam if you exert trigger DISCIPRINE!
I bought a Lo-Wang when it came out, just so I could say "YOU NO MESS WITH LO-WANG!" before every match. and was pleasantly surprised to discover ho effective it was.

Edited by Gandalfrockman, 18 August 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#24 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

YenLoWang rulez it is one of my favorite rides .... and it´s 100% cheese free!

#25 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

You will get somewhat of an idea when you run a Cent-AL where if you decide to mech the Right Arm do something useful (like 2 PPCs for instance), you'll figure out how to protect it... or how you'll fail to protect it.

The YLW's torso twisting is faster and greater IIRC, so if you have had minimal issues with the Cent-AL, the YLW should fit into your gameplay.... in theory.

Edited by Deathlike, 18 August 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#26 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Run a TBT-7K

240 STD engine, near max armor
Put a AC20 in it, x4 tons of ammo
x2 medium lasers

It's a bit better than YLW because you don't lose the cannon so easily and you have 2 shield arms

#27 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 19 August 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

Run a TBT-7K

240 STD engine, near max armor
Put a AC20 in it, x4 tons of ammo
x2 medium lasers

It's a bit better than YLW because you don't lose the cannon so easily and you have 2 shield arms

UHHH NO.
That mech isnt nearly as fast, doesnt come close to matching the torso twist rang/speed of the wang,
AND the ac20 doesnt have the same range of motion since its stuck in a torso segment instead of an arm.
AND You cant use an xl engine with that loadout, so no zombie builds.
AND it doesnt have centurions AWESOME hit boxes. (Big arms Tiny center torsos).
AND it doesnt have any center torso or head weapons, so even if you could zombie, it would suck at it.

Are people even paying attention when they post this stuff? cmon folks think bbefore you post.

Edited by Gandalfrockman, 19 August 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#28 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:32 AM

Nope, sorry YLW enthusiasts, but I don't like it. It lacks the missile hardpoints, and once ppl have shot your arm off (which they usually will) you only got your puny lasers left.

Even without a sale, a Flame will give you more "bang for your buck" imho.

The X5 is pretty good, but then again, a Jenner is better. Boring sale is boring, too bad you didn't get a Heavy Metal when that money-maker had a discount.

Edited by Frechdachs, 19 August 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#29 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

hessen in germany is famous for the creativity of its native population ... NOT. :rolleyes:

Edited by LordDante, 19 August 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#30 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostGandalfrockman, on 19 August 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

UHHH NO.

Uhhh Yes. Try it, don't try it. It doesn't bother me.

That mech isnt nearly as fast, doesnt come close to matching the torso twist rang/speed of the wang,

It is just as fast and you are right it doesn't have the twist range / speed of the wang, but it is also a Cbill mech and not something to buy with MC. So if you don't like playing with a singular AC20 backed up by meds it is far better you find out on a Cbill mech then burn MC.

AND the ac20 doesnt have the same range of motion since its stuck in a torso segment instead of an arm.

Sure but it's also damn near impossible to lose the AC20 as you can protect it far more efficiently.

AND You cant use an xl engine with that loadout, so no zombie builds.

Do you even know what a zombie build is? it's where you lose both side torso's and only have you're CT left. If you had an XL you can't make a Zombie build.

AND it doesnt have centurions AWESOME hit boxes. (Big arms Tiny center torsos).

x2 Shield arms that are almost a requirement to be destroyed to get to the torso's.

AND it doesnt have any center torso or head weapons, so even if you could zombie, it would suck at it.

Well you got me there.

Are people even paying attention when they post this stuff? cmon folks think bbefore you post.

Take a moment and understand what I posted. Anyone and Everyone that is decent at this game knows the first thing you do is hammer that Gun Arm in a YLW. It only has 32 armor and 16 structure.

The TBT-7K has 49 armor and 24 structure and more times than not you have to hammer through the 32 armor and 16 structure shield arm to get to it.

IMHO that fact alone trumps a lot of what the YLW can do. I still own a YLW, I still use it. It's great, especially when you put an XL engine in it. But when it comes down to a no holds knockdown brawl I prefer to use TBT-7k because the longer I keep that cannon the more effective I am.

Look at the hunchback, the reason it's not more effective is because how quickly it looses it's "Hunch" and they blow the cannon out of the water.

#31 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Yen-Lo was my favorite mech in 8v8. I'm still readjusting to 12v12 in it. My arm has a tendency to fly off early. Too much damage flying around randomly at times. Fun mech. One trick pony, but it's a pony full of sparkles and cotton candy!

#32 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Personal opinion.

This mech is awful stock.

View PostGandalfrockman, on 18 August 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

And before anyone complains about jamming UAC5's dont jam if you exert trigger DISCIPRINE!

I call BS on that. UAC5's can jam on the first shot. the bloody things are too random

#33 Haji1096

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 339 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

You move up and down the battlefield bringing your firepower to bear wherever its needed.

Is one of your assaults going toe to toe in an equal fight ? Swing the odds in your favor.

Are there other striker mechs on your team ? Join up with them and hit the OPFOR from the rear.

Never stop moving. Always twist to right. Master the cycle time. Aim for a weak spot.

Don't take shots. Take THE SHOT.

Echo is down......next target.........

#34 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostRansack, on 19 August 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Personal opinion.

This mech is awful stock.

I call BS on that. UAC5's can jam on the first shot. the bloody things are too random

No it can't.

And before you ask, yes i tried it, i wrote a macro which shoots exactly after 1.1 secs and i can fire to infinity and back with it.

As soon as you stay on that button, you have the possibility to jam the UAC5 but the first shot will always come out, even if it jams after it.
But if you fire after the cooldown, you're fine and have a faster AC5.

Edited by 627, 19 August 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

View Post627, on 19 August 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

No it can't.

And before you ask, yes i tried it, i wrote a macro which shoots exactly after 1.1 secs and i can fire to infinity and back with it.

As soon as you stay on that button, you have the possibility to jam the UAC5 but the first shot will always come out, even if it jams after it.

Odd. Since I have had them jam on exactly one shot before.

#36 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 19 August 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

Odd. Since I have had them jam on exactly one shot before.

As have I. It has happened more than I would like to admit to.

#37 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

then i'd file a bug report. Never had this, first shot always goes off, even if it jams immediately. And that is how the devs described it.

But with the state of the game i won't defend this position to the death so i would guess it's a hit reg bug or what not. Maybe we will see some kind of handbook or manual how weapons should work in the far future...

#38 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

View Post627, on 20 August 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

then i'd file a bug report. Never had this, first shot always goes off, even if it jams immediately. And that is how the devs described it.

But with the state of the game i won't defend this position to the death so i would guess it's a hit reg bug or what not. Maybe we will see some kind of handbook or manual how weapons should work in the far future...

Pretty sure that is what I said. Have had the gun jam on the first shot. Not as in, I could not fire a single bullet, but as in firing that single round caused the UAC5 to jam. It should not be able to until at least 2 shots are off. That is the nature of a UAC5. Fire it like a normal AC, no jams. Fire in rapid fire, run the risk.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users