9 Small Lasers, Why Not?

9 replies to this topic

#1 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

I just had the funniest game ever. I was playing caustic valley with my Hunchback HBK-4P which would normally not be so much fun. After mastering it, adding 18 double heatsinks and 9 small lasers this becomes a different story.

After taking the right cap point I worked around the middle hill and started dissecting mech after mech from behind. I could not believe how fast they were dropping. I just kept calm and torso twisted like crazy while I waited for them to overheat. This is by far my best game in any of my Hunchies and 3 more kills than I've had in any game yet.

Posted Image

I just made this build as a joke really because I had the lasers already from all my lights. Also I haven't even maxed my armor yet with the extra weight I saved on the small lasers. I didn't think think this build could do anything and assumed I would be putting all the mediums back in.

#2 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Koniving would probably like a positive word with you. :)

#3 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 20 November 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Koniving would probably like a positive word with you. :ph34r:

I just checked and I lied in my first post. It is actually 19 double heatsinks lol. The mech has 0 free slots, I managed to use every one. With the 275 engine I can actually close the distance pretty well.

#4 Zplayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostRiotHero, on 20 November 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

I just had the funniest game ever. I was playing caustic valley with my Hunchback HBK-4P which would normally not be so much fun. After mastering it, adding 18 double heat sinks and 9 small lasers this becomes a different story.

I can almost hear all those small lasers going off - PEW PEW, PEW PEW - the stuff of nightmares, well, for the 7 you killed anyway!

#5 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostZplayer, on 21 November 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

I can almost hear all those small lasers going off - PEW PEW, PEW PEW - the stuff of nightmares, well, for the 7 you killed anyway!

The recycle is so fast it has to be pretty disconcerting up that close, especially when I don't overheat.

The cool thing is I can chain fire two groups at a time when things do heat up. Two smalls put out more damage than one medium for the same heat but also less recycle. You end up with more dps for the same heat.

Very map and situation specif loadout but, lots of fun.

#6 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

Riothero, I love you..I did the same thing with 9 pulse smalls. Only because of the awesome sound of all that wubbing.....B)

#7 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

You should have seen that build in closed beta, when the Hunchy could use an engine capable of 115KPH+

It was BEASTLY.

#8 SniperCon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

Here is another loadout that screams efficiency. Faster than the Hunchie and doesn't lose as much firepower if the hunch is taken out. A few less DHS, but it still runs pretty cool.

Think about it. Only the triple AC10 Muromets has a bigger alpha on a faster recycle compared to small laser boats.

#9 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hey Riot, you can also run a Jenner build like that, 6 small lasers or personally, 6 small pulse lasers. Circle strafing and wubbing your heart out on a cold map=win.

#10 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

The reason I had all the smalls laying around was because of my jenners xD

View Postkamiko kross, on 29 November 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Hey Riot, you can also run a Jenner build like that, 6 small lasers or personally, 6 small pulse lasers. Circle strafing and wubbing your heart out on a cold map=win.

I've started trying these builds with other mechs and have had some pretty good results. I've been not as concerned with loading every single hardpoint but, using that saved weight to load up with double heatsinks. High alphas are fun too but, if you miss then what? Chain firing 3 large lasers with 19 double heatsinks is also fun if you ask me xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users