3Rd Person View Feedback

2021 replies to this topic

#2021 Alienfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostHelsbane, on 02 September 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Here's a perfectly legit way to show how we feel about MWO...

Download MW:LL and never look back at this steaming pile of sh*t. Generate community interest in a game that, while admittedly a mod (they never claimed it to be anything else), ACTUALLY WORKS.

Show the guys that were behind MW:LL that the community chooses them over PGI, and would like to see them continue to create content for their game. Hells, I bet we could even get funding going to support them if they required it.

PGI has proven they do not, and will not, care about the feedback we provide. Okay, fine, they can listen to crickets as the 'vocal minority' migrates to a game that is both MW and FUNCTIONAL.

Give the MW:LL guys $10 Million and we will finally see a good and worthy MW game.
Not this abomination PGI has brought upon us.

#2022 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

Cross-posting a segment of a post I made in another 3PV thread.

View PostVictor Morson, on 03 September 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

Here we go. This is from the friendly POV to demonstrate what I'm talking about.. now pretend you are an enemy capper on this point watching for reinforcements to hit you.

I can check left..
Posted Image

I can check right..
Posted Image

I can check it all!!
Posted Image

3PV for looking around left/right corners is as bad, if not worse, than it's hill humping possibilities.

EDIT: Take note that in the 3PV shot you can see "around" the pillar to both the right and left, revealing parts of the terrain - large parts - you cannot even see checking a single direction from 1PV.

I really thought it relevant. Everyone is focusing on the vertical, but I've been exploiting watching sides even more.

I mean just look at those hills and stuff you can't even see when looking in a dedicated direction at this base in 1PV, versus seeing for hundreds more meters on both sides in 3PV. It's just screwed up, badly.

Edited by Victor Morson, 03 September 2013 - 02:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users