Kintaro Mech - Your Thoughts

92 replies to this topic

#61 igavemymomkoolaid

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHessia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for all your posts. Now I'm curious about your thoughts after the patch and the fix of the CT-hitbox.
Is the Kintaro an "even better" mech now?

Edited by igavemymomkoolaid, 04 September 2013 - 04:37 AM.

#62 BullFrogOnNet

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

View Postxengk, on 28 August 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

After being astonished by my K18, I pick up the K20 and will be playing it as energy support.
2x LLaz
2x MLaz
3x LRM5
AMS
XL 300
16 DHS

I run this same thing minus AMS and I have 3x SSRM2 with 100 ammo. With this build I end up getting games of 500-800 dmg. Even when I die early I still manage to pump out 300 dmg.

#63 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

I haven't used them yet but recently faced an 18 I think on Frozen City with 5 streaks. Pilot fired them on chain fire continuously. Pretty severe harassment with the constant impacts. I had already tangled with a Awesome and a Jag and the pilot took me down in my Treb 7K. Took me a sec to even figure out what was going on. With the streak firing at all angles it was hard to break out from.

Had TAG and some ML's too. Interesting build I caught on to too late.

#64 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

The hitbox feels slightly better, but I am still dying to CT destruction. My problem is that when brawling with SRMs they just don't seem to do enough damage for their heat. Streaks or LRMs still seem the best loadouts.

Edited by Spheroid, 04 September 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#65 Tjalf

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGDR

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

so far i really like the new hitboxes - i die much less of CT destruction. even my side-torsos aren't that damage-magnetizing as one would think because of the fix (i still use XL with no problem). instead, i think the kintaro's arms are absorbing a lot of the damage now if twisted appropriately - which is really nice.

i'm running my Golden boy and my 18 with those loadouts and can do pretty well with it. Damage varies between 400-900, while those high damage occures when i can spam all SSRMs nonstop because the enemy is too slow to hit me or fights against a teammate.

Streak Boy
Golden mix
Spider-hunter

#66 Cpn Crunch

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKapuskasing

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

With the new fix I'm finding that I'm surviving alot longer and dealing out more damage. Most matches I now have between 500-900 damage and am usually one of the last standing in a tougher fight. The damage now seems to spread out over the Mech quite well and I have actually died from something other than a CT destruction.

I liked this Mech before the fix and find myself running it exclusively now.

#67 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

And now, everybody will be running these things....

Edited by Win Ott, 04 September 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#68 Earl White

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

One of the few mechs I hate to face, because they constantly shake your screen with the lrm barrage so you can't aim very easy, as well as explosions all over your screen.

#69 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

The Kintaro is terrible, because it's the size of a Highlander. No amount of hit boxing will fix that. It needs a rescale.

PS: Because size =/= weight, the Kintaro also handles like one on hills. Which is silly, but true.

View PostWin Ott, on 20 August 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

We had a good thread going about Golden Boy here. I've actually managed to make GB into a respectable fighter. He can't hold his own solo in a straight fight with assaults or heavies,

Why ever take a medium that can't 1v1 with assaults and heavies consistently? The Cent 9A sure can, for 5 tons less.

#70 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

After playing 20+ rounds tonight in the Kintaro-18. I feel it is a viable mech, if not in 12 man (wanna try now), it is a great pug mech now. The 5 streaks and sweeping legs with the 2 ml lasers was very effective. In my matches had 3 bad matches where I thought my 116.6 speed would save me with under 100 damage, however, had 2 rounds-600+, 3 rounds-700+ and one- 800+ damage. Also, I died more to side kills than ct! This is the mech I was rocking:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...96a217bb1e8cf44

#71 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

Would you consider running that with a STD300 instead of XL360? It will go 97 instead of 116 then.

#72 Omega1618

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

This is what I've been running:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...61142687aae15f9

To me its just the next step after a Cent-A. If it weren't for the size of the Kintaro, I think it would replace the Cent as the top SRM boat

#73 Tjalf

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGDR

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Posted Image

SSRM10 are fine ;)
really love the new hitbox

#74 riGGu

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

lucker :D
Awesome Match ;)

#75 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Running the Golden Boy. Its a really fun mech, I don't find it much squishier than my Hunchbacks. I think its just Cent drivers comparing Cents to Kins. Cents are really tough to kill, much tougher than the Kin. That being said, its a fun mech and I don't find it any weaker than any other mech. The streak builds are down right nasty.

#76 Vadafallon

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

I enjoyed playing my 20 last night. My only gripes is heat issues, but it can put out some damage. Just stick with a big boy like an atlas and then unload on some fools.

#77 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I think the 18 is probably better than the GB but I like Hero mechs, so that will be the one I play. That being said, whats everyone's thoughts on BAP and AMS on these things?

#78 Cpn Crunch

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKapuskasing

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I think that AMS is essential on these because even though they are fast they can't outrun LRMs and can take quite a pounding before entering SRM range (if you run an SSRM or SRM build). I put BAP on the ones that I run with SSRMs so that I can get a lock and it really makes a difference especially when those ECM spiders and ravens come calling. Even helps against ECM Atlas so that friendlies can help take it down with LRM fire.

#79 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Yeah, BAP is essential if you're set up with lots of streaks. I like AMS if I can squeeze it in, but it's not a must have like BAP.

#80 Tjalf

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGDR

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

I usually run AMS on every Kintaro, because every bit of missile damage that doesn't hit you is more sustained damage when engaging melee range - and your team greatly benefits too when those LRM volleys get decimated. When running SSRMs, BAP is a must have. Especially when fighting ECM Ravens and Spiders (which are pure streakfood with BAP).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users