447 replies to this topic

#441 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'm thinking that, as the only person who knows just what went down here, and why, I should document it before it's lost like tears in rain.

I may need to move it to a different section. Can I have a special MWO history section, yellows? This is only about 50% joke request, by the way.

#442 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 11 October 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

I'm thinking that, as the only person who knows just what went down here, and why, I should document it before it's lost like tears in rain.

I may need to move it to a different section. Can I have a special MWO history section, yellows? This is only about 50% joke request, by the way.

yep you should...

btw, U&D - any update on action on the clan thingy...

#443 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

Unite And Drop The Game Like A Bad Habit

#444 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

View PostMycrus, on 16 December 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

yep you should...

btw, U&D - any update on action on the clan thingy...

Considering some sort of movement or protest, yes, as the website etc is still up and available for use.

The question is, Will the level of support be any better than last time? I don't mind telling you that I copped a lot of {Scrap} last time, for no "formal" recognition from the devs, only secondhand information. The numbers involved were impressive, but did not meet my personal expectations of the event. The demographic we collected showed that many founders did not register on the site at least.

I am open to suggestions on what to do, contact the UnD website email with your ideas. I would require a significant show of support either here or in signatures or on reddit or something for me to be willing to put myself out there representing the "vocal minority" again and opening myself up to the sort of criticism and insult I received last time. It was seriously ridiculous. UnD was designed to be a protest about the most BROAD complaint I could possibly think of and the community at large could benefit from: Better Communication. I wanted to demonstrate the size of the community they were potentially losing. We can try this again, but we need to do it right.

Contacting everyone who registered for the first event regarding some sort of protest in the future is the easy part. They cared enough once, hopefully they will care enough again. The challenge will be getting everyone else on board. I wanted to try and find out where the NOPE concept originated from and band together with them maybe, using the UnD Website resources to communicate with the wider community.

Chronojam, we can even call it "unite and drop the game like a bad habit" if ya really want, but I personally like the NOPE concept better.

Edited by Mista Whizzard, 18 December 2013 - 04:50 AM.

#445 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

At this point I think it's kind of moot. I have to be honest that since closed beta I really had little hope that things would turn around simply because of how they began. I support trying to turn it around, I just don't think it's feasible, especially at this point. Seeing and playing a lot of F2P games you kind of get a sense of where a developer wants to take their game, and honestly seeing the state the game was in back then, the speed with which they tried to sell you on "core pillars" being introduced and the transparent communication with very little actual transparency, I knew that they couldn't pull off half of what they wanted because they would have needed to have been in a much further level of development to implement what they said they wanted to implement. That was when I decided on my founder pack refund and simply said to myself, if it becomes something I like I will buy some ****, I don't HAVE to have a founder pack in order to enjoy it, I just need a game there to actually enjoy.

Almost a year and a half later and look at where we are. The best thing for turning this around would literally be a boycott, because that's simply what the developers and IGP listen to, the almighty dollar. I think it's stupid to try and coordinate a massive boycott, mostly because it would be completely futile to even try since this franchise has enough idiots to support what PGI/IGP is doing for most likely an indefinite period. I just think it's the only thing they will listen to, which I guess in a way is what NOPE is all about, but like I said there's enough idiots with expendable cash with OCD to keep this game in business. I don't really think they care personally, We're all on an island, it's not worth enough for PGI to try and buy and move in, so they stick with what is working and what they can drain the most amount of money from with the least amount of work.

Speaking of which the patch notes in this game are literally like the most depressing read half of the time, and also the most sparse patch notes I have ever seen. They have to be double spaced and half the **** in bold to give them some sort of length and purpose and then most of it is just monetized content and useless bug fixes that no one even knew existed because they didn't affect the end user in the slightest. At this point though, everything about this game is pretty much depressing. I guess the bottom line is, is MWO worth saving? Is it really worth saving if the developers are going to be this hard headed about listening to their community and making a good game? Would it be better to stop supporting it, let it die and hope that someone else picks it up, even if no one else picks it up for years. Of course then there's the whole extended license bit, which I pretty much makes it so that we wouldn't see a Mechwarrior game in many years.

#446 Basch

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

I wonder if any one is still watching this thread? If so, whats your opinion of the game now?

#447 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

Just say NO to DERP style tactics!

#448 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts