1 reply to this topic

#1 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

There is a bug that moves your weapons around when you outfit your mech in a specific way then save, select another mech and then select the BJ-3 again.

To see what I mean, try putting a ppc and a medium laser in each arm.
First the PPC then the medium laser.
Now save and select another mech, then select the BJ-3 again.
Notice how the PPC's and medium lasers have now switched places in both arms - making it Medium laser/PPC instead of PPC/Medium laser.

This in itself is only mildly annoying.

Now try putting an ERPPC and a medium laser in each arm.
The order you put the weapons in does not matter for this try - you can go ERPPC/Medium laser or Medium laser/ERPPC aslong as you make the same setup for both arms.
Now save and select another mech, then select the BJ-3 again.
Notice how the weapons are now completely out of place.
The right arm will have the weapons listed as ERPPC/Medium laser (no matter how you put them before) and the left arm will have Medium laser/ERPPC (no matter how you put them before)

This is super annoying to someone like me who cares a great deal about how his mech looks as it forces me to put my ERPPC's into the torso leaving my arms short and ugly.
Or
Chose to have asymmetrical weapon layouts in the arms - which is not acceptable.

Please fix this grave error that makes the BJ-3 quite annoying to outfit.

Cheers.
-0okami

Edit: after even more testing it now appears that after a short server downtime, the weapons are now switching more randomly, sometimes the ERPPC's stay in place but other times they move around on their own accord.
Please look into the matters as to why we can not simply put the weapons in a specific order and then expect them to remain in that specific order when we deselect the mech or drop in a round in it.

Edited by 0okami, 23 August 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#2 Blue Splint

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'm pretty sure this issue arises on many different mechs. I ran into this on my VTR-9S recently when I tried to match my SRM launchers to the tube numbers. The tubes go 10,5,2 and it's impossible to put in SRM6, SRM4 and SRM2 to match the tubes, because the mechlab will switch the order around making you always fire in several salvos. I hope it gets fixed eventually because we should be able to pick which weapon goes where exactly, I don't see why we wouldn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users