32 replies to this topic

#21 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

well, I have exhausted all avenues to resolve this issue. i, hereby, tender that I am officially, done with MechWarrior Online. I just switched to a new modem, and I'm still getting the same issue. So I know it's not the router. On another note, if any one wishes tio use AVG Anti-virus software. DO SO AT YOUR PERIL! It will change all settings and take over the firewall settings and if one should remove said program, those settings will remain in place.

1) It is not my firewall
2) definitely not my router

I'm going to try to get a new HDD asap. But I doubt even that will fix the situation. SO effectively, I'm a lame dead duck in the water. This post is now closed. Any further attempts at communication will not be answered, or responded to. From the bottom of my heart to the very soul, thank you to everyone whom tried to help me out. I appreciatge it, really do, appreciate the help. it says a lot about the community as a whole.

#22 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

IT IS DEFINITELY YOUR MODEM/ROUTER! STOP! Listen! You on TeamSpeak anywhere? If not download this guide!

http://mwomercs.com/...s-guide-to-mwo/

Get on NA1 teamspeak!

DO NOT BUY A HDD!

#23 MnDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Posthawk819, on 25 August 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

I'm using a Ubee Wireless Router Modem. Currently, hardwired from computer to wireless modem. So how do I open my ports on a router? Cause I have no clue as to how this is done.

I found the instructions to log into your web interface for your router here: http://www.ubeeinter...-user-interface

Once you get logged in, you will look for a menu for ports and put in the information provided. I can say with about 90% certainty that this is your issue as it is usually mine when I deal with new games. Once you open up the ports. You should be good to go.

Also, I used to run AVG antivirus but I don't anymore. I do know that there should be a game mode that should allow you to turn it off when running certain games. Either that or completely uninstall the software.

Edited by MnDragon, 26 August 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#24 Heketon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

It may be useless for get a hold of hawk819, but...

View Posthawk819, on 25 August 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

well, i'd like to thank you guys for the help, but it was futile. My only solution now is to go and get my HDD wiped and then start from there. There's still residue from the uninstalled files from that pos AVG install I need to remove.

There is no need to wipe the drive. With most large-scale computer utilities there is usually a removal tool. Mcafee has one, Norton has one, and AVG has one.

AVG said:

In case the uninstallation was not successful, please download the AVG Remover tool from here to your Desktop (tool is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems). Run the downloaded tool and follow the instructions displayed on your screen.

If you do feel the need to wipe the drive because of a software hangup ( :)), make sure you do not do a quick format (or use the formatting method used by Windows install media). That only pulls out the markers that indicate where the files begin. Do a hard format that overwrites the drive completely. Buying a new HD because of a software issue is an option for rage quitters.

Usually if you re-install the program (MWO that is), the firewall products will ask you if you want to allow it access to the outside world again. Another option is to go into the program, find the firewall settings and clear the entries for MWO.

Now, I know that hawk819 has said that he's never coming back (although I think I caught a faint whiff of troll :) ) but just in case someone else finds this thread with a similar issue, they should have more options/opinions available to them.

#25 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

It's not so much as me being a troll. rather its jsut that I am frustrated with this Sh*t, adn I have tried all and exhausted every option available to me. Secondly, if I want to buy a new HDD, or Hard Drive Disk, then that's what i'll do. I need to any way cause my current hard drive disk is gettting a wee bit crowded. Plus, I want to add more space to my rig. It was laready planned in the first place before this mess took hold on my rig. My choice, guys, really. It's my only option i've got cause TWC, my ISP, has denied the problem is coming them and they refuse to help me solve it. As I've said, I'm dead lame duck in the water.

#26 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

I understand your frustrations. I've felt that way myself from time to time. Did you see the link to the AVG tool?

You replaced the modem, AND the router? I understand your first unit, was an "all-in-one" modem/router, but is that what you replaced it with, or did you get separate units, a stand alone modem hooked to a stand alone router (better setup imho)?

#27 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

I replaced with an Arris DG680AA2 Modem Router. That's what Time Warner wanted me to do and that's what I did. I went to them around 2.30pm CST. I thought that would settle the issue, but guess what?

Update: I just got off the phone with Time Warner Cable. it goes as follows:

1 Ports are open. Including TCP 45461/TCP 45464.
2 Firewall is open.

So I believe I know the culprit. AVG screwed up my game in some manner to what that maybe, I have no clue. I used the remover and uninstalled the program, etc.

Unless, by some miracle, or manna from heaven should drop into my lap. This duck is dead in the water.

Edited by hawk819, 26 August 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#28 Heketon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

But did you run the AVG removal tool yet?

#29 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostHeketon, on 26 August 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

But did you run the AVG removal tool yet?

Yep. and still the same as before. Error message still reads as the same before.

#30 MnDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

Hawk, if you're getting desperate and close to the point of formatting your HDD, there are some things you can do before the format that may work instead of a complete reinstall: 1) you can look for a system restore point that predates your AVG installation. I don't know how long you have been running AVG, but you may have one if it has only been fairly recently. This will completely remove AVG from your registry. 2) This one is very dangerous, but if you are already planning on formatting your drive, then the worst that happens is you would have to do it anyway. You can go to your "run" box and type in "regedit" and hit enter. This will bring you to your windows registry. Do a search for "AVG" and every key it finds that looks like it belongs to AVG, delete it. This will in effect remove any trace of AVG from your computer. The dangerous part is that if there is another program that shares information with AVG or happens to have AVG in the name, you can render it useless as well.

#31 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

Config issue, don't wipe the HD, that won't solve anything.

Does the game run with your pc connected straight to the modem, and totally bypass the router/network?

Yes.

I read this as when you bypassed your original router, and went only through the modem, it worked. Is this not so?

This will make a big difference on what path to take. This is the main reason we are telling you it's your router/network settings.

Can you go to pingtest.net, and run a ping test to a server in Ontario Canada, both with and without your router in line? Tell me if it works one way and not the other, both ways, or neither way.

There are "hardware" (for troubleshooting purposes-think "router") and "software" (think security programs, anti-virus, etc)firewalls. They can often collide with each other. What specific security or anti virus software are you running now? I know you HAD AVG, and it may not have uninstalled cleanly, I get that, but what OTHER software are you using now in it's place?

Are you using the "Windows firewall" at all, or is it disabled? (I vote for disabled, it's a pile really)

What are your firewall settings on your router set to now?

We can fetch you through this.

#32 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

OK so now we know that the problem is in the Software config of your computer.

Your modem/router is fine.
He has a DG860 not DG680 modem/router which is a combination Cable Modem and Wireless Router.
You typed the model wrong but that is fine.
For anyone else reading and attempting to help here is the Manual

http://www.arrisi.co...Standard1-4.pdf

For now only try things using the Ethernet cable plugged directly into the Computer. Can deal with Wireless later.
By default the DG860 will not have any Firewall, etc enabled.
MWO doesn't send any data through ports without client request so that part of it is equally not an issue.

When did you install AVG? Was it recent? Easiest thing to do is to do a System Restore to a point prior to AVG. But if you installed it weeks/months ago this is a bad idea.

Please disable the Windows Firewall under Control Panels. Just turn it entirely off!
Did you install any other Anti-Virus or Security software? If so please uninstall it. Make sure Windows Firewall remains off!

#33 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostscJazz, on 27 August 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

OK so now we know that the problem is in the Software config of your computer.

Your modem/router is fine.
He has a DG860 not DG680 modem/router which is a combination Cable Modem and Wireless Router.
You typed the model wrong but that is fine.
For anyone else reading and attempting to help here is the Manual

http://www.arrisi.co...Standard1-4.pdf

For now only try things using the Ethernet cable plugged directly into the Computer. Can deal with Wireless later.
By default the DG860 will not have any Firewall, etc enabled.
MWO doesn't send any data through ports without client request so that part of it is equally not an issue.

When did you install AVG? Was it recent? Easiest thing to do is to do a System Restore to a point prior to AVG. But if you installed it weeks/months ago this is a bad idea.

Please disable the Windows Firewall under Control Panels. Just turn it entirely off!
Did you install any other Anti-Virus or Security software? If so please uninstall it. Make sure Windows Firewall remains off!

actually, its the modem/router. designation: DG860AA2. That's according to my network name.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users