Event Encouraging Bad Play.

43 replies to this topic

#1 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

Seriously PGI the minimum is way too low..
100 score..

100 SCORE.

Little recommendation.. lower the amount of games but increase the score needed to +300 please... for the love of santa clause.. encourage quality and teamwork rather than quantity...

/Rant

#2 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

I don't disagree. I mean that's pretty much 3 alpha strikes from my Pakhet and I can go home. ( I don't but you get the idea ) I saw many Linbackers on suicide runs packed to the gills with SRMs just choosing a mech across the no-mans-land, crossing over to facehug it and betting on doing enough damage before being shot to pieces.

#3 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

The score is to ensure participation. It's not like there's swarms of dudes leeroying themselves to quickly get points not more than usual, anyways. If the score was too high, players would be playing super passively and selfishly, and that's not good for teamwork either.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 13 July 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#4 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

This event is for average joe, its participation not challenge.
If you look a the lower third of the leaderboards 300 score matches would be challenging to them.

#5 evilauthor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

View PostMcValium, on 13 July 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

If you look a the lower third of the leaderboards 300 score matches would be challenging to them.

It'd be a challenge for me. I play best I can, but I rarely get past 300. Especially since I like to cycle through all my mechs, not just the "best" ones.

#6 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:56 PM

View PostMcValium, on 13 July 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

300 might be a bit high but 100 is simply bad for gameplay. I can toss 2 alphas, do 150 dmg, suicide and get 100 points easily... Move on to the next mech and repeat. And i've noticed most players play like that.. 30 games is simply too high of a number so people that cant play all the time end up doing that.

#7 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,829 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:30 PM

I see nothing wrong with this event it's very relax and not so intense, I just playing like I normally do level up mechs to master and get use to their playstyle and make some nice builds. Right now it's mad iic and supernovas.

Just play casually and don't think about the event, since loot bags are the least challenging of events.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,839 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

to be fair if it wasnt for the frequent give aways i may have left this game a long time ago. these stupid little events are the only reason to play anymore.

#9 Antiparticle

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEuropeland

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:18 PM

Yeah, let's make it so half my games don't pinkhearts qualify so it'll take even longer for me to get all my matches every three days. I have a fulltime job, I don't have time for that pinkhearts. How about instead they acknowledge that not everybody is having summer holiday right now and next time make it like 10 games per three days, or 3 games per day or whatever. Then I wouldn't have to do my damage as quickly as possible because if I don't hurry I might not get all my loot.

#10 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:30 PM

you forget those potatoes that have hard time getting that 100 matchscore. Imo numer of games of this even is already pretty high and tight timelines, I personally missed 3rd segment because I was simply sick and unable to play last two days of it.

#11 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

View PostTripzter, on 13 July 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Seriously PGI the minimum is way too low..
100 score..

100 SCORE.

Little recommendation.. lower the amount of games but increase the score needed to +300 please... for the love of santa clause.. encourage quality and teamwork rather than quantity...

/Rant

No.

Because NO.

Explanation of PGIs investment in this event..

Short version: It's summer. We want you to play MWO.

Long Version: It's summer, so instead of going to the beach and spending time with your family and friends there, we're giving you a bunch of free stuff so you play MWO instead and keep the population up. We can't give it to you straight up though, you gotta "earn it", so we only request minimum effort on your part.. Whatever keeps you playing and keeping the population up. We're even willing to part with a significant part of our real money earnings, so we're giving out expensive MC stuff like warhorns and premium colors.. What ever gets you wet and spending your hard-earned, "been working on a gas station all summer so I could afford this" cash on mech packs, so you have something to apply those free goodies on..

So..

NO.

#12 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:57 AM

I think a participation reward type of event actually fits Quick Play queue better. There're plenty of avenues in MWO for more competitive gameplay, but QP notably isn't.

QP's no worse than similar random solo queues in other gamed. If potatoes/noobs/etc. trouble you, your best option is to play elsewhere.

My only issue with this event is that it's a bit grindy, with the "good" prizes (camo/colour) only available at 120+ games. But then so far I'm doggedly grinding towards that, so maybe it's well played by PGI.

#13 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:20 AM

A higher match score would not change how people play.

#14 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:26 AM

Just group queue then. Problem solved.

#15 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:51 AM

Love all the free stuff pgi thank you:) but the fighting and some of well..... it's been sad game play by some of the player spuds. Been seeing LRMs on ever thing even lights. Been running x2 and x3 AMS builds or doing sneeky stuff or both at the same time, stand behind a LRM boat with x3 AMS :) it's been lots of bad game play an no team work, but but on a good note we arn't going to run out of salt any time soon.

#16 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:52 AM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 14 July 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

Not any better unless your in a 12man.

4man it up in Scout or 12man it in Invasion.

Better games, better teammates.

#17 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:59 AM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 14 July 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

Maybe if you've got a competent group of 4+. I just play with 1 friend now, did 5 games solo and 5 grouped last night and only got 1 win - and I'm averaging 300+ match score. I dont know what is happening, freaking twilight zone things going on.

#18 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:26 AM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 14 July 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

Maybe if you've got a competent group of 4+. I just play with 1 friend now, did 5 games solo and 5 grouped last night and only got 1 win - and I'm averaging 300+ match score. I dont know what is happening, freaking twilight zone things going on.

Wow I feel terrible for you man. I have a barely positive wlr but it is still positive and my ms is lower at 282.

#19 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:31 AM

[mod]

We are starting to drift on this topic.....

How about people suggest possible ways for the OP to increase his Match score, like bring AMS in lower tiers as this earns your more points for your score, or bring a Narc or Tag to help our LRM boats, huge score boost there...

Be constructive otherwise I will be back and locking the thread.

[/mod]

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:31 AM

100 score is fine. It is summer and people want to relax. If we increase it to 300, then everyone will become selfish ****** using ERLLs.

View PostTWIAFU, on 14 July 2017 - 05:52 AM, said:

Not any better unless your in a 12man.

4man it up in Scout or 12man it in Invasion.

Better games, better teammates.

Oh, and make sure KCom isn't playing on the other side.

Edited by El Bandito, 14 July 2017 - 06:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users