1 reply to this topic

#1 Glitter Bomb

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hey guys. Since I had a few questions I thought i'd be better to ask these here than in the recruiting section. I've been playing awhile now and meet a lot of really cool people and was trying to decide what unit to join up with if asked. While thinking about that I realized it might be really cool to make a Magistracy of Canopus (Moc) inspired unit and use the Liao flag just like some of the clanners/mercs are doing for other houses. (Yeah I know trinity alliance happens in like 10+ years or something and the clanners have cool sub-forums but hey.... ;))

The first big question I have is how do I know no one else is already doing said thing? I did a forum search and didn't find much. All I could find was this thread...

http://mwomercs.com/...merc-corp-page/

Is that the only place people are using to recruit/post? I Don't want to step on toes/be in the way/annoying by starting something when people have something organized going you know? Have a bit of a "I can't be the only one to think/try/do this so where is everyone" kind of thinking bugging me about it.

I'm also kind of curious about how Community Warfare would work. It sounds like we end up as mercs unless PGI adds MoC? (Please *puppy dog eyes...yeah I know other priorities <3) I know there hasn't been a lot of details released but I am a bit late to the party so just wondering if someone knows something I missed with forum search.

Thanks guys I just wanted to ask somethings before I tried to make any big decesions and set my mind at ease a bit. :ph34r:

#2 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

Well, from what I've seen in the factions section, there is a group that is trying to set up St. Ives as a faction, and I believe there might have been others who mentioned Periphery groups. It's just that I'm not sure anyone has gotten anywhere with that, or if those who are campaigning for that are still around. Given that CW is coming, I think PGI wants to keep it simple and focus on the factions that they already announced.

And you can always set up a mercenary group who just happens to come from MoC. The map in the Mechwarrior RPG rulebook shows that MoC borders Steiner and Liao space. While technically you could choose either, both Mercenary Star and Outreach are in Steiner space (as is Solaris VII). Although you probably should use the Merc Corps picture.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users