Mwo Intelligent Zoom - An Enhanced Zoom You Can Bind To Mouse Wheel [5.0 27Th Apr]

91 replies to this topic

#81 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Well thank god PGI finally added proper zoom controls to MWO, so this mod is now redundant.

However, you still cannot bind zoom to the mouse wheel, so I replaced the link in the OP with a script to bind wheel up and down to - and = so MWO will recognize the wheel.

#82 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

New version up

Well after playing for a day or two with the new zoom controls mapped to mouse wheel, it was apparent that PGI have some work to do in this area. If you send multiple zoom commands within ~200ms of each other, the game behaves most oddly (in a match that is, in Testing Grounds, it is just fine).

I abandoned using the zoom in and zoom out keys, and wrote a script that uses the keys that send you straight to a given zoom. This way the script tells the game which zoom it should be in, making my life much easier.

Also, using this technique, you can actually include which zooms to use - I find that zoom 1.5 messes slows it down a lot, so I added an option to skip zoom 1.5.

Have a pay, tell me what you think.

#83 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

New update, 5.1

5.1 12th May 2014
+ Added "Toggle Advanced Zoom" binding that lets you toggle the state of the checkbox.
So now, if you change mech or module loadout, you can enable or disable advanced zoom without tabbing out.

#84 deathlord

• PipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Well, I assumed today's update would break this, so I updated (was previously using something prior to 4.3). I'm definitely having a problem, but unrelated to the MWO update.

When I run the new mwozoom.exe, it appears in my system tray but the GUI is nowhere to be found. I can't double-click it up from the tray and can't task switch to it. Tried running it normally and as administrator. I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

Edited by deathlord, 02 July 2014 - 09:04 PM.

#85 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Same problem for me, I am running Win7 64. Today was my first attempt to use this software.

#86 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

View Postdeathlord, on 02 July 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Well, I assumed today's update would break this, so I updated (was previously using something prior to 4.3). I'm definitely having a problem, but unrelated to the MWO update.

When I run the new mwozoom.exe, it appears in my system tray but the GUI is nowhere to be found. I can't double-click it up from the tray and can't task switch to it. Tried running it normally and as administrator. I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

Hmm.
Try renaming your zoom.ini file to zoom.bak.
Then run zoom.exe - do you see the GUI?

If this fixes it, then the problem is probably that it stored some bad coordinates (As it tries to remember where on screen you like to keep the GUI).
Open the zoom.ini file and look for line like this:
adhd_gui_x=<number>
adhd_gui_y=<number>
replace <number> with 0 and that should reset the GUI to appear in the top left of monitor 1.

#87 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

View Postgamingogre, on 02 July 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Same problem for me, I am running Win7 64. Today was my first attempt to use this software.

Try editing the ini file to hard code where the GUI should appear on-screen, as mentioned in the previous post.

#88 deathlord

• PipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostevilC, on 03 July 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

Hmm.
Try renaming your zoom.ini file to zoom.bak.
Then run zoom.exe - do you see the GUI?

If this fixes it, then the problem is probably that it stored some bad coordinates (As it tries to remember where on screen you like to keep the GUI).
Open the zoom.ini file and look for line like this:
adhd_gui_x=<number>
adhd_gui_y=<number>
replace <number> with 0 and that should reset the GUI to appear in the top left of monitor 1.

Run mwozoom.exe or zoom.exe? The only zoom.exe I can find is v4.3.

If I run mwozoom.exe without a zoom.ini present, there is no change in behavior. It appears in tray, there's no GUI, and no new zoom.ini is created.

I also tried a fresh zoom.ini created by v4.3, with the coords set to 0,0 and that also had no effect.

Edited by deathlord, 03 July 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#89 CharlieChap

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

Same problem here with win7 64bit (1680-1050 monitor.)

Appears in tray. No configuration menu comes up. Also no ini file is created as it used to be ?

#90 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

OK guys, I am really really sorry but it appears it is all my fault.

For some reason, the wrong download was linked in the OP.

Please re-download, should be all good now.

The current zoom version is 5.1 and is totally different to 4.x versions as pixel detection is no longer needed.

#91 deathlord

• PipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

Woot! Thanks for the fix, and for all the work on giving the game some key functionality it should have by default anyway.

#92 Zirakss

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationGermany, Kiel

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

Thank you a lot! This helps me extremly.

I'am now able to remap the middle mousbutton to a third weapon group. That is soooo great!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users