Absurd Alpha?

27 replies to this topic

#21 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostKoniving, on 27 August 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

*Nods.* It needs an update. AC/20 has 18 HP. So not all weapons have 10. Still interesting, I was hoping it had specifics for the Gauss Rifle.

Ah! My guide when it was actually brief! That's a mirror of the guide back near December/January. The modern/updated MWO Forums Guide has the basic metrics for critical weapons. I try and keep the guide updated only as needed, as there are several mirrors/links of it. It's even hosted in several languages (german, russian, french, italian). It's crazy, and really too much work to deal with. I'll see if I can find some time to update it. I just finished the next major update to the guide, and it'd be a good point to bring other sites up to speed.

If you want to skip reading through the guide and just see the Gauss. My google docs that generates the charts is here. Crit Transfer data is in the bottom right. The Gauss basic crit system, average crit damage, etc. is listed with the weapon population. I never really organized it well, but it's (hopefully) all there if you're interested!

#22 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostSelfish, on 27 August 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

Ah! My guide when it was actually brief! That's a mirror of the guide back near December/January. The modern/updated MWO Forums Guide has the basic metrics for critical weapons. I try and keep the guide updated only as needed, as there are several mirrors/links of it. It's even hosted in several languages (german, russian, french, italian). It's crazy, and really too much work to deal with. I'll see if I can find some time to update it. I just finished the next major update to the guide, and it'd be a good point to bring other sites up to speed.

If you want to skip reading through the guide and just see the Gauss. My google docs that generates the charts is here. Crit Transfer data is in the bottom right. The Gauss basic crit system, average crit damage, etc. is listed with the weapon population. I never really organized it well, but it's (hopefully) all there if you're interested!

We could use your numbers here: http://mwomercs.com/...20#entry2699445

If you don't mind. Big debate on how MGs are now "useless" because their crit chances got dropped. If you are interested... :)

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thank you; actually found that a little bit ago and was reading on it.

#24 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

If you know you have an opponent in your rear, torso twist to show your best armored side.

Even if you don't have arms left and a blown side torso, it is still best to torso twist because only partial damage gets transfered from that blown side torso into the center torso.. (Std engines) last time I checked it was only half damage..

You can also try to make quick snap rotations of your torso to ensure that enemy damage gets registered across multiple hit boxes..

#25 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostTesunie, on 27 August 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

We could use your numbers here: http://mwomercs.com/...20#entry2699445

If you don't mind. Big debate on how MGs are now "useless" because their crit chances got dropped. If you are interested... :)

I don't think I have too much to say. I miss the old super crit MGs with their massive DPS, but they were ~2 DPS less than even quad AC/5, 3x UAC/5, and 4x AC/2 builds--provided they could get through armor. Arghmace was already kind enough to add the important crit comparison numbers between pre and post patch. The change hurt MGs, but it didn't knock them out of the ring--which is a place they never existed in until the crit transfer patch. They're just more 'low end' of the scale, yet still fantastic at playing clean up.

I just wish the guy working on MGs would turn his/her attention to PPCs. That's a weapon that didn't receive attention post HSR, yet received numerous pre-HSR buffs to make it tolerable. Those buffs now make it far too efficient for its fitting costs, and allow players to economize a large amount of burst into limited payload chassis.

#26 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostSelfish, on 27 August 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

I just wish the guy working on MGs would turn his/her attention to PPCs. That's a weapon that didn't receive attention post HSR, yet received numerous pre-HSR buffs to make it tolerable.

Sadly the same guy did turn his attention to that. He conjured up ghost heat instead.

#27 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostColdHeat, on 27 August 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

I just had a match in my Centurion. I was on a hill, looking at the enemy when suddenly a shot hit my back and insta killed me, destroying the XL in my right torso rear (12 armor). I had no ammo in that spot. To that moment, i had received not a single bit of damage and after asking how that was even possible all i got was a "DONT LEAVE YOUR *** TO A GOON". Whatever that means. By the way: he drove a Cataphract with 2 PPCs and a Gauss.

Now i ask you: is that really possible? Doing that much of damage with a single barrage of your guns to one hit kill a medium mech. Or was he cheating or simply lucky? I'm honestly confused right now.

You're insta death was brought to you by pin point accuracy and high alpha strike. Before ghost heat it would have been a 6xPPC Stalker doing it to your chest. Not much better but at least they look you in the eyes when they did it.

#28 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostColdHeat, on 27 August 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

I just had a match in my Centurion. I was on a hill, looking at the enemy when suddenly a shot hit my back and insta killed me, destroying the XL in my right torso rear (12 armor). I had no ammo in that spot. To that moment, i had received not a single bit of damage and after asking how that was even possible all i got was a "DONT LEAVE YOUR *** TO A GOON". Whatever that means. By the way: he drove a Cataphract with 2 PPCs and a Gauss.

Now i ask you: is that really possible? Doing that much of damage with a single barrage of your guns to one hit kill a medium mech. Or was he cheating or simply lucky? I'm honestly confused right now.

Nearly same thing happened to me yesterday in my JM6-Firebrand... but it was the front side torso (42 armor)... alpha'd out by a 6 (in words: SIX!) PPC Stalker-3F at first sight... game lasted for 46 seconds... just left me sitting in front of my keyboard and being sad, thinking about why something like this is possible =/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users