No replies to this topic

#1 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Ok that was a bit over-dramatic but I managed to capture one of those rare matches where you individually make a huge difference and turn a precarious situation into a victory.

It was a Caustic conquest and from the start every single team member went in the direction of Theta/Kappa from our start point of Gamma. I still stubbornly headed to Epsilon at 65.4kph because someone had to go for it despite my fears of a light gangbanging. Thankfully a Cicada (AtomicGlide) saw my lone adventure and came to join me.

We maxed Epsi and moved on to Sigma, hoping the team was doing ok. It started to look like the opposing team were starting to get the better of things so after Sigma switched we decided to move straight into the caldera.

On the approach, not counting myself and AtomicGlide, there were just 4 remaining vs 6 in the Caldera and 2 who had gone capping to Gamma. Upon cresting the caldera and seeing the situation with 415 tons of beef right in front of me, I shat a little brick but I stuck with it hoping my teammates would see the incoming support and react. It's what I call a "sh*t or get off the pot" moment.

Thankfully they responded and instead of staying defensively pinned down, they quickly countered when me and AtomicGlide broke the line, despite one of my teammates shouting to run and hide. Our opponents didn't turn to face us quick enough and focus on the new threat which allowed us to start picking them off and ensure the cap victory, If there was more time we should have hopefully won it on kills despite running out of LBX ammo and having 3 weak teammates left.

Overall a good example of when PUGing and matchmaking goes well for both teams - evenly matched and with players with a good skill level who can react and adapt to how the battle is going.

So GG to everyone involved in that match and special mention to AtomicGlide who died sooner than he deserved to after shadowing me for ECM and capping support.

p.s. I'm not pro, we all have those matches where we excel. This is one of those. I'm an amateur gamer and 100% PUGer and always will be, I don't have the time or desire to dedicate myself to a corps, if I'm deemed worthy of any. Thank you for taking the time to watch my amateur rubbish and sorry if you found it an amateurish waste of time :)

p.p.s. Loving the LBX buff. LB 20-X AC please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users