4 replies to this topic

#1 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

Hey Everyone just your friendly neighborhood Ace looking out into the community to see if there are any avid Cigar Aficionados. Just came back from Japan so I got to enjoy the wide selection of Cigars from around the world. If there are any Cigars you recommend or a specific shop in your area let the community know!

So far I like the Cohiba Behike 54s and I don't mind the 56s. Padron Anniversary 1926 and 1964 are also on my list of Favorites. Of Course the Montecristo #2 but really anything from Montecristo I thoroughly enjoy. I'm not a fan of small gauge cigars so i tend to lean above 50 at least.

My Favorite cigar shops are in ranking order: La Casa Del Habano Iikura Tokyo. Love this place. The manager is a pro and will never let you smoke a bad Cigar. I recommend that if you buy a box and are not too knowledgeable about quality to have him open it and check every single one. If he finds one that is not up to the standard he will open another box and replace it for you. It is easy to find since it is near the US Embassy. This is a two story place with an awesome second floor.

Next is the Cigar Club at the Westin in Ebisu. The manager here is a kind woman who is very knowledgeable about drinks and matching them to cigars. Their Selection of drinks is not as varied as La Casa but what they lack in selection they make up in ambiance. There are only five Seats here but those five seats plus their selection will make you forget about your troubles.

Third is just a store without a lounging area but the Cigar Club Grand Hyatt in Roppongi. Beautiful women are their staff every time i go for presents. The two or three who greet you will tell you exactly what you need if you tell them about peoples experience and tastes. I love them since I'm not very good at buying cigars for other people but these ladies make it simple and have never disappointed.

If you guys are in the Tokyo Area and know of other spots let me know.

I still gotta try le Connaisseur

PS: ah for Drinks I usually go for the Hibiki 12,17,21 Macallan 12 or a Cognac that is recommended. My Friends did go for Mojitos and Rum but i have yet to try

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 28 August 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#2 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

Thought I'd Post a Picture of my Wineador

Posted Image

And what I drink when I smoke

Posted Image
That is a La Gloria Cubana Médaille d'Or No.2
Posted Image
This one Features a Cohiba Piramides Extra

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 24 September 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#3 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 22 September 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Thought I'd Post a Picture of my Wineador

Posted Image

And what I drink when I smoke

Posted Image

Posted Image

By the power of greyskull! :)

#4 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostStrayed, on 22 September 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

By the power of greyskull! :)

You a Cigar Smoker Strayed? Any favorites you have?

#5 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:05 AM

Love a King Edward when I can get them although been cutting down on smoking. Still nice to have a glass of something like Woodford Reserve and a good cigar now and again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users