- - - - -

Lf Someone To Teach Me The Game

12 replies to this topic

#1 Usagi Loli

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

I die a lot in this game and i hardly have any kills, i feel like im useless.

So instead of getting frustrated and saying that this game sucks(it does not, its awesome), i came here to ask for help, i need someone to play with me and teach me the game, i prefer talking via MIC instead of typing.

So, can someone add me in-game and teach me the ropes?

#2 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

I'm really bad in English. Really sorry that can't help :angry:

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

I suggest heading to the ngng public ts3 server and looking for an open dropship

When it comes to specific questions I would use the forum, since then we can provide detailed explanations and links, but I absolutely suggest playing with a group on voice comms :angry:

#4 Itsalrightwithme

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 391 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA, USA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 28 August 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

I suggest heading to the ngng public ts3 server and looking for an open dropship

When it comes to specific questions I would use the forum, since then we can provide detailed explanations and links, but I absolutely suggest playing with a group on voice comms :angry:

In case the original poster isn't familiar with the community yet ...

Head over here: http://nogutsnogalaxy.net/

Get TeamSpeak3 (free), a headset/mic, and follow the link from that website to their TeamSpeak3 (TS3) server.

#5 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

The NGNG Teamspeak 3 adress is public:

Server: voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992
Password: mechwarrior

#6 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Usagi, welcome to the game! I'd highly recommend learning with some helpful players in Team Speak. Do you have Team Speak?

We have a large, friendly, and helpful community at www.house-marik.net and I know several people who would be happy to help you with all aspects of the game, especially since you're flying the Purple Eagle as your emblem!

#7 Usagi Loli

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

I am not really good at playing with a large number of people, the max i can handle is 2 i think, maybe because id feel left out, since i am the quiet type of person.

#8 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostUsagi Loli, on 28 August 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

I am not really good at playing with a large number of people, the max i can handle is 2 i think, maybe because id feel left out, since i am the quiet type of person.

doesn't matter, you still play how ya wanna play. just get on a TS channel, go into different channels. you don't have to say a lot, cuz a lot of people like to talk a lot :angry: but you'll learn all sorts of stuff quickly and can play in a group of 2 or 3 if you choose. you don't HAVE to join big groups. if ya don't like the people in the group then leave the channel. you will have to meet several people before finding someone ya enjoy playing with tho

#9 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostUsagi Loli, on 28 August 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Well the MAX you can play with is 3 others, it's easy to keep it down, and usually when we're helping new people it's best to be one-on-one or if it's a few people, it's all about the new person, engaging them, talking to them, helping them, that sort of thing.

#10 Usagi Loli

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostAym, on 28 August 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Well the MAX you can play with is 3 others, it's easy to keep it down, and usually when we're helping new people it's best to be one-on-one or if it's a few people, it's all about the new person, engaging them, talking to them, helping them, that sort of thing.

I posted over there at the HM site. ;)

#11 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostUsagi Loli, on 28 August 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

I die a lot in this game and i hardly have any kills, i feel like im useless.

So instead of getting frustrated and saying that this game sucks(it does not, its awesome), i came here to ask for help, i need someone to play with me and teach me the game, i prefer talking via MIC instead of typing.

So, can someone add me in-game and teach me the ropes?

Don't get upset about not making kills. All that means is that you didn't fire the last shot that took down an enemy. You do get credit for assists; sometimes quite a lot of credit with saviour-assist bonuses.

This is a tough game and there's a period of time when it seems that nothing works the way you want it to. We all went through this phase (my phase seemed to last forever) when we could not get off a well-aimed shot and spent half the game pointed the wrong way or over-heating. Don't sweat it, you'll get better. Keep playing, and be sure to read the forums.

#12 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

Hi Usagi, I am usually in the NGNG Public TS3 server down in the Windbourne Highlanders channel. If I am in the AFK channel, I am not home yet or done for the night. If I am in another channel, feel free to come down and ask me questions. TS3 name same as forum.

#13 Szkarlat M

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 76 posts
  • LocationKittery, St Ives Compact

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

Be happy to drop with you. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users