#41 Airic Gryphon

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMidland, ON, Canada

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostVolts, on 28 August 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Is it just me or does the Wolverine look a lot like Beaker?

lol, when I saw the wolverine cockpit all I could see was Foghorn Leghorn and a screaming man with his hair on fire. Love Alex's artwork, the Griffin is amazing.

Edited by Airic Gryphon, 28 August 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#42 Ridersofdoom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

sry marketing dev i will not fall in the same story again.

#43 Earl White

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

They are testing how deep our wallets are I guess, I assume they got a large amount of funds from people for the original Phoenix deals (because in the long run, the value of the top package, seemed quite high). So they decided to add some more, to see how many bite, it's a bit of a cynical cash grab, but hey I honestly hope it works for them, I want to keep playing this game and if they manage to milk a lot of money out of this deal then I'm happy for them.

#44 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

must have read my post about what I am prepared to spend money on and what not, ohh well, only the orion left

#45 Ranik Selesky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 28 August 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Glad its not my job to be a downer. These are some of the sweetest mechs yet.

UI 2.0? Zero progress.

Community Warfare? Only exists as the community vs PGI.

Player feedback on item features and balance? Totally ignored in place of "Dev vision"

View PostBlueVisionWarrior Online, on 28 August 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Because adding more mechs in a mech game is bad?

When you are doing nothing but adding more mechs for people to buy with cold hard cash while endlessly delaying any of the other core features and ignoring massive player feedback and anger...

Yes more mechs is bad because it looks like a cash grab...

If nothing else comes from my post. I beg caution. Wait and see before pre-ordering.

Edited by Ranik Selesky, 28 August 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#46 PainGod30

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'm sorry but this is a {Richard Cameron} move. It's kinda like saying hey new guys you want an extra cookie with your cookie you bought? Oh? You older people? You have to pay for the extra cookies. The loyal people who have not asked for a refund and purchased it prior should honestly have them added in. I payed 80 bucks for an overlord, never asked for a refund, I was a founder, and this is the slap in the face I get for my loyalty? Yeah, idc how cool the griffin and Wolverine are, it's no Marauder or Rifleman. So does this sting? Yes. Am I going to rush out and purchase these new ones to "Help prove loyalty" not after being consistently kicked while I'm already down. Maybe if we the loyal customers and people who've stayed through all the {Scrap}. But this seriously offends me. No more money for the greedy people until something is done about the game. It's really stale!

PGI-(Richard Cameron?) really troll a customer who is angry? Yeah that's mature, I'm never spending money again on this game because of that. GOOD DAY SIR!

Edited by PainGod30, 28 August 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#47 mechsae

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

Sweeet, Griffin and Wolverine. I love this.

#48 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

Still voting my wallet.

TL;DR - Nope

Posted Image

#49 Draco Harkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationIn the good part of Battletech, the tabletop.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

I can smell the desperation and fear from PGI...

This should be good.

Posted Image

#50 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Sure wish there were Founder bonuses for the 5 Mil they got...

#51 Your Friend Mr Rogers

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

[deleted]
Well I guess I am dumb and don't know any better because you say I don't know any better. As soon as I laid eyes upon this package I bought it. Also...

....Of course they'd be "greedy" they are company in the business of making money after all, and I wouldn't say they are desperate at all.

But, what do I know all I want to do is see this game succeed. I guess I just don't know any better.

Edited by miSs, 28 August 2013 - 01:06 PM.
quote clean up

#52 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted ImagePosted Image

I fully support the Phoenix project and I fully support the Saber Reinforcement Package.

Don't miss out on some classic well balanced FASA mechs.

Edited by Corbon Zackery, 28 August 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#53 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

View PostRanik Selesky, on 28 August 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

UI 2.0? Zero progress.

Community Warfare? Only exists as the community vs PGI.

Player feedback on item features and balance? Totally ignored in place of "Dev vision"

If nothing else comes from my post. I beg caution. Wait and see before pre-ordering.

Dude these are part of the so called "unseen" mechs and everyone wanted them bad, and guess what. There are tons of other examples where they listened to player opinion. Also they might have a few more nice surprises I am guessing.

Edited by Johnny Z, 28 August 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#54 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#55 Ranik Selesky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostDraco Harkins, on 28 August 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

I can smell the desperation and fear from PGI...

This should be good.

Posted Image

They are incapable of fixing the problems they themselves have created. Time for them to milk those who don't know any better / don't mind being treated like {Scrap}.

View PostJohnny Z, on 28 August 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

Dude these are part of the so called "unseen" mechs and everyone wanted them bad, and guess what. There are tons of other examples where they listened to player opinion. Also they might have a few more nice surprises I am guessing.

"Nevermind all that. I don't mind being lied to in a stale game as long as I have a new shiny"

Honestly, please don't be that guy.

Edited by Ranik Selesky, 28 August 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#56 qki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

geeez, more drama.

Don't like it, don't buy it - not like you NEED another hero mech, and if you don't mind waiting, you can just get the regular version.

This is far better than offering in-game advantages for money, and I gotta say, the mechs look amazing.
Not sure I want to throw any more money at the game, but I've spent my fair share, so that's just me.

Great to see the classic mechs make it into the game - that hasn't happened since Crescent Hawks' Revenge.

The classic unseen were mostly medium - the "class of 55" is one example, and besides the thud, and the beemer, there aren't many options - even talking about whammy, archer and rifleman can get your butt sued clean off you, same as the phx, stinger and wasp, marauder and crusader.

That pretty much exhausts the options.

#57 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostAstrolux, on 28 August 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Any idea on the number of hard points and hard point locations for these mechs? Seems a bit silly to buy something without knowing what they're actually bringing to the table.

Scroll to the bottom of the sale page. The hard points are listed for the phoenix variants. Don't know about the regular ones.

And once again.....I just couldn't help myself. Bought. :P

#58 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

I have no idea why I bought it. I really don't even run mediums that often. Great work yet again Alex.

Me : "But honey , it's 6 'mechs for $30"
Wife: "But do you NEED or WANT more medium 'mechs?"
Me: "Well.......no....not really....but it's such a good deal!"

Cheers.

#59 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

all you negative people... chill :P

Those two look nice, bought them (voting with my wallet, too) :)

Now all we need is our UrbanMech and we're set.

#60 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

I generally like mediums, so this is very interesting to me, but I've already got $80 out there for overlord. Add this on and we would be talking triple digits for essentially a pre-order that won't even show up for 2-4 months. That is a big chunk of change and a pretty long wait compared to what I am usually comfortable with. I like the mechs and the designs, but I don't know if I am ready to give up another $30 before anything has been delivered for the first $80.

I would love to play these two mechs, but we are talking a 4-month wait. If they were coming out in a few weeks, maybe a month, I would be all over it. 4 Months? I dunno, alot can change in that time. I like to think I will still be playing by then, but there isn't a single game in my life that I haven't quit playing at some point. I don't like making bets about when I will get bored or find something different, and this is asking me to double-down on the bet I already made with Overlord. If the sale is still on in early October, you will probably get my money. For now? I just don't know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users