17 replies to this topic

#1 lashropa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

I've been known to grief in game chat. Mind you, out of mind-bending frustration borne on the wings of dis-communication between strange teammates game in and game out.

I don't ask for forgiveness; I only ask for a chance to atone for my sins.

There is much to know about this game and it's systems and I will share with you anything you want to know if you ask. Strategy, tactics, movement, builds, drills and of course, playing matches together.

May we become allies, new mechwarriors. Friends, even.

#2 lashropa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

No takers? Really? Come on in newbie, I'm not going to hold the door open forever...

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

I wouldn't slam your door shut any time soon - we just had a rush of new people (to judge by how quickly some of the other offers filled :))
So it may be a bit before the next rush.
They do seem to come in waves though, so be prepared to be overwhelmed (maybe :)) when it does happen :)

Best of luck to ya.

#4 Itsalrightwithme

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 391 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA, USA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Nice of you to offer help to newbies, but newbies who read your post are probably also reading the other useful posts on this forum. And considering the wealth of information on here, they are probably busy thinking things through and improving their game.

So what I am saying is that what you are doing is very nice and generous, but you may not find your audience here.

Finally, it is not clear what you are offering nor what you are looking for. Are you looking for people to friend you in-game? Make a 4-man group? A 12-man group? Are you looking for disciples? If it's the former, hop on the free NGNG TS server, it's friendly and open and free.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

Actually a bit of role play would be nice. But most of those who would role play battletech/mechwarrior online already know about it and need only to learn the changes in MWO for everything that doesn't add up.

Come to think about it, I've seen some interesting role plays down in the barracks. Anything to add more depth to the world I suppose. I think I might stop by there with my wolf head-shaped neuro-helm and have a beer.

But, that aside. By the title it sounds like you're offering to be a semi-lore-friendly gameplay tutor, am I right? If so you might be able to provide the "training" experience of MW2 and 3 at some point for someone. Looking forward to hearing about it.

#6 lashropa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

I'm offering myself as a Clan Smoke Jaguar themed mentor for whomever would get a kick out of it.

#7 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

But how do we know you're any good? :(

Yesterday I had a player try to teach me that staying alive at the end of an Assault round would increase my CBills and that MPLAS was always a superior choice over MLAS!

History shows that Smoke Jaguar is not to be trusted.

#8 Itsalrightwithme

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 391 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA, USA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Seems to me that you are looking to role-play Clan Smoke Jaguar. Have you considered joining an established Smoke Jaguar team?
http://mwomercs.com/...n-smoke-jaguar/

#9 lashropa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Let's revive this shall we?

If you find yourself lost, with unanswered questions, or just wanting to make some pug drops with an experienced player who actually understands the meaning of the word "Co-Operate"; I extend my mighty paw. I offer you the warmth of my coat, and the protection of my fangs, Sibko.
Take it.
Do not be afraid to be strong.

(What's a Sibko?)

That's you, my young Jaguar.

#10 Onyxian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

I'd love to team with somebody, I'm still fair new and I suck. But due to RL, I'm unable to use any kind of VoIP, which usually means no one wants me.

#11 JimEvolved

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostItsalrightwithme, on 16 October 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

hop on the free NGNG TS server, it's friendly and open and free.

Will second this. Just found this server recently. Excellent stepping stone between "What's Teamspeak?" and "I'm hardcore RP Clan Competitive Squad Mechwarrior!", or however into it you eventually get.

#12 lashropa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

No biggie, your time on TS will come. In-game chat + the battlegrid are more than sufficient tools for communication for teamwork. In my experience 98% of TS chatter is not related to gameplay anyway. People just like to squawk and you're not missing much. I've sent friend invites and I will look for you this week.

View PostOnyxian, on 11 April 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

I'd love to team with somebody, I'm still fair new and I suck. But due to RL, I'm unable to use any kind of VoIP, which usually means no one wants me.

#13 Graves24

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

I see you have good intentions but you appear to be a bit creepy (:

#14 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostJimEvolved, on 11 April 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Will second this. Just found this server recently. Excellent stepping stone between "What's Teamspeak?" and "I'm hardcore RP Clan Competitive Squad Mechwarrior!", or however into it you eventually get.

Haw do you find servers I thought its random when launched.

#15 JimEvolved

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

View Postdr lao, on 14 April 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Haw do you find servers I thought its random when launched.

Not for Teamspeak (just Google it), which is a separate voice communication application from the game.

http://mwomercs.com/...rum-still-good/

"NGNG might be a bit more lively, though! voip01.n1585.hypernia.net port: 9992 password: mechwarrior"

Edited by JimEvolved, 14 April 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

View PostOnyxian, on 11 April 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

Add me. Any time you see me on, feel free to send me a group invite and if I'm paying attention I'll tag along. :)

As for Lashropa, once clan mechs are out a few others and myself might join you for some fun and 'training' to put on youtube.

#17 LyskTrevise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Lashropa, help, I'm a noob and I don't a mechs. How do i shot lazor?

#18 lashropa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

Contact has been made with a recruit. Our ranks begin to swell. Who else stands abandoned, shunned or wrongfully disgraced & cast aside? Speak out here, join our covenant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users