33 replies to this topic

#21 Redwo1f

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMaple Ridge, B.C. , Canada

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

No, I think you really need to make use of a laser on that right arm instead of leaving it empty - if for nothing else as an anti-light weapon (and to fire high and low as well). Too many ecm lights around to need to rely on the streaks.

Edited by Redwo1f, 13 October 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#22 Katotonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

View PostRedwo1f, on 13 October 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

No, I think you really need to make use of a laser on that right arm instead of leaving it empty - if for nothing else as an anti-light weapon (and to fire high and low as well). Too many ecm lights around to need to rely on the streaks.

Thats why I put the LBX10 though, could be a nasty brawler hit for another med or heavy but can chew lights a med range.

#23 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostRedwo1f, on 13 October 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

^ this
If you got no BAP, you're not a light hunter.

#24 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

My two cents:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c46af210af7504c

Bear in mind that this is a quick throw together - exact location of ammo and such TBD.

Edited by Buckminster, 14 October 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#25 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

View PostFalcrist, on 23 September 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

What do you guys think about my configuration

WVR-6R

damn, posted my config in the wrong chrome tab ;) :wacko:

I think you put ammo in side torso's with an xl engine, not the way I'd pack them out.., hoping the side torsi are small and not hit alot ?

#26 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

AC10+L-Laser

Going to try a midrange build first with a L-laser and an AC10 plus an LRM5 for suppression and 2 Machine guns for end of match crit-seeking.

LRM5s are trash by themselves, but I've noticed players immediately break off whatever they're doing and head for cover when they get the incoming missile warning, until they figure out that it's only a five pack that can't really hurt them.

#27 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostTraining Instructor, on 15 October 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

AC10+L-Laser

Going to try a midrange build first with a L-laser and an AC10 plus an LRM5 for suppression and 2 Machine guns for end of match crit-seeking.

LRM5s are trash by themselves, but I've noticed players immediately break off whatever they're doing and head for cover when they get the incoming missile warning, until they figure out that it's only a five pack that can't really hurt them.

I'd swap out the LRMs and MGs for 2 SSRM (or an SRM6) with a ton of ammo and an AMS. I think that will work better.

Edited by Bront, 15 October 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#28 Redwo1f

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMaple Ridge, B.C. , Canada

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

The million dollar question: How does it fare with an XL engine? is it viable or a death trap with the side toros?

#29 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostRedwo1f, on 15 October 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

The million dollar question: How does it fare with an XL engine? is it viable or a death trap with the side toros?

So far the CT seems to soak a lot of damage. I've been doing pretty well with XLs. The height is a problem. I lined up next to a Battlemaster and they were practically the same height. :-\

#30 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 15 October 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

So far the CT seems to soak a lot of damage. I've been doing pretty well with XLs. The height is a problem. I lined up next to a Battlemaster and they were practically the same height. :-\

It looks a lot thinner though.

#31 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostBront, on 15 October 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

It looks a lot thinner though.

Oh, much thinner. Still a 55 tonner and an 85 tonner being practically the same height? That's not right. Also still annoyed about the max 3 JJs. Still I've been doing well with an ER LL, AC/10 & SRM6. I think I'm going to drop the SRM to a 4 and take an extra ton of AC ammot though.

#32 Jules Vernes

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

I think I will try something like this. I still don't think I want to mount an XL engine on that mech but I have to try it some time. For now I think I'll play it as a support and light hunter with some long range firing power when no lights are around. Will have to see how this works out.

Also still thinking about stripping the left arm of all armor and putting a larger engine in but the shield is quite nice to have.

I did not deploy in that build so far, so this is still work in progress.

#33 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostJules Vernes, on 15 October 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

I think I will try something like this. I still don't think I want to mount an XL engine on that mech but I have to try it some time. For now I think I'll play it as a support and light hunter with some long range firing power when no lights are around. Will have to see how this works out.

Also still thinking about stripping the left arm of all armor and putting a larger engine in but the shield is quite nice to have.

I did not deploy in that build so far, so this is still work in progress.

BAP would be nice to help those streaks out. Variant using the XL SHADOW HAWK SHD-2H
I havn't run it enough to know how much a liability the XL engine is yet, but for the 6 games I have played so far, average damage is 550, 3.33 KD.

Edited by Bhelogan, 15 October 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#34 Kitane

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

So far I like this one:

SHD-2D2

XL 315, AC5, 4 SSRM2, 2 MLAS. BAP, 11 heatsinks, 1 JJ

Using MLAS+SSRM against lights, AC5+SSRM against bigger targets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users