- - - - -

Building A Dragon-1C

5 replies to this topic

#1 Enorflame

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

So I'm pretty new to this game and I looked up a build to make my very first mech: the dragon-1c.
Pretty much all of those guides/builds say that I should go for either an xl300 engine or an xl350.
Sadly neither of those engines seem to fit in my mech (I'm talking about slots). Is this because of an update or am I just being silly?

#2 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Silly.

You have to remove the Engine in the mech first. If you got EndoSteel and FerroFibrous upgrades you will be very tight on space. Remove everything then add it all back in bit by bit.

#3 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

XL engines need space in the side torsos, specifically 3 slots in EACH side torso. Most people suggest stripping down the mech of all weapons, equipment and engine before modification. You won't sell anything unless you specifically say to do so. So if you take a Medium Laser off the mech in the store it should have a 1 in the Medium Laser slot to show you have 1 Medium Laser in storage.

Oh and if you are trying to put ammo in your torso areas, don't do it. With an XL, if a side torso gets blown up. so do you.

#4 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

You can try out builds of 'Mechs here : http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

You can have a look at other people's builds here : http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/

An XL engine takes up critical slots in your side torsos. Have a look at your 'Mech in the Mechlab and see if there is any space in the side torsos. You need three critical slots on each side.

Be aware of Ferro Fibrous armour when combined with Endo Steel - they both eat up 14 critical spaces each. With an XL engine that would leave you only 15 for weapons, heat sinks, ammo and equipment. That's not much. If you have to get rid of one - Ferro Fibrous is less useful by quite a way. However test it all out in Smurfy's mechlab before doing it in-game so you don't waste CBills.

Best of luck

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

You can just build the champion Dragon with one Gauss Rifle and 2 Large Lasers. Works fine if you don't know what to use.

#6 Enorflame

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for all the replies! I got it working now. This certainly increases my cannon fodder possibilities.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users