Hbk-4G Heavy Hitter Build

30 replies to this topic

#21 qki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

CDA stands for cicada, not commando. CDA-3M is the ecm variant, and you run it with medium/large lasers - you'd have to look in the medium mechs forum, a i never played a cicada.

#22 TheUnderseer

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Posted Image

Pretty sure I just figured out how the LB10X works.

Mid-Long range, use it to pepper the enemy, hitting mutliple components for pretty good damage, while close range using it to completely smash through their armor.

I was able to take out a 97% Raven while I only have around 82%. All components came out fine, and my first LB10X shot destroyed his LLeg. The lasers made quick work of his torso, and I was able to shift my attention onto a Jenner too confident for his own good. A couple MLas shots busted up both legs, while my LB10X tore his RShoulder asunder, leaving the poor light mech in the open, completely defenseless as LRMs began to rain down upon his head. I then notice that a sneaky, sneaky Blackjack was trying to avenge his comrade by taking out my BFF: An Atlas equipped with ECM. Being the good friend I am, I dropped what I was doing, and ran to his aid, tearing apart the Blackjack's arms and legs, allowing my new best friend enough breathing room to accurately unload a couple Gauss Rifle shots directly into his Center Torso.

(I wrote all fancy-like because that seems to be a trend here on the forums...At least from what I've seen.)

#23 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

glad to see you found your rythm with the hunchback. Getting consistent results is really good for morale, and makes things run that much more smoothly going forward.

#24 TheUnderseer

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

View Postqki, on 01 September 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

glad to see you found your rythm with the hunchback. Getting consistent results is really good for morale, and makes things run that much more smoothly going forward.

It's a lot of fun finding a build that finally...Clicks. Even if both my legs are vaporized and all my armor has been torn from my remaining components, just knowing that I managed to get 5 assists and deal 150 damage and destroy 3 components makes it all worth while.

#25 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

or, you can do that:

Posted Image

and the moral of the story, is to eep doing what you're good at. It takes practice beyond gunnery skills to be an effective mechwarrior, and each class takes a slightly different approach to make the most of.

#26 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

View Postqki, on 01 September 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

I second the consistent results effect -- that's why I quit trying with my Highlander yesterday. 2 weeks and I still can't figure out how use it. Demoralizing... bought a Blackjack to try instead and got 7 wins in a row. Go figure

#27 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

the hgn pretty much has gauss/ppc/srm written on it.

Those are mainstream weapons for a reason. As for the BJ, the jumping AC20 loadout is quite fun - a bit more fragile, but more agile version of the 250 standard ac20 hbk.

For a mobile ac20, a vic is also nice, and a 350 engine, endo mlas srm6 atlas also works fine. It's more pilot preference than anything, especially in pugs.

#28 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

or you can get this with my version of the HBK-4G(F) -- 800 points of damage (Heya snow!)

smurfy look at my HBK-4G

(I'm sadly on the losing side, but game highscorer)

Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 04 September 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#29 SpDmnAdam

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f855751ae26d715

average 200 damage post patch currently working to get LRM boat kills be getting close to them.

#30 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:10 AM

View PostSpDmnAdam, on 21 March 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f855751ae26d715

average 200 damage post patch currently working to get LRM boat kills be getting close to them.

9 heat sinks, you musta got something wrong in smurfy.

#31 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

HBK-4G: This is what I've landed on after mastering it. Goes over 80kph when you unlock Speed Tweak and it has enough armor and 4 tons of ammo. Don't shoot your AC20 on lights unless you are close and confident in your aim.

The hunchback overall is a good and fun mech to play. If you want to master it make sure to get the 4P and the 4SP to complement your 4G

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users