Aug. 30Th - Trial By Fire Sale!

37 replies to this topic

#21 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Not Labor Day in Canada... I think.

Still waiting for Misery to go on sale.

#22 Livesey

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

I dont understand why in this sale trials? Mechs are good, but theier equipment not so. It would be more interesting if there was 1 trial and 2 other mechs.

#23 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

It's cool if you need a third chassis to master, and the Champion Trials they sell give the 10% bump to boot....otherwise, meh.

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Guys, there's a sale on the trial mechs every week before the patch that changes them. I wish it would include the champion mech because that would certainly get some real money flowing. Still, it is pretty standard fare now.

Since I own all of these mechs I'm going to sit back and speculate as to what the next hero mech will be, and when the next mech comes out. Given the track record it's either going to be a Heavy i.e. Orion or a light, such as the Flea. Though HSR has improved the speed cap is still in place, so it's quite feasible that the Orion may be coming. That or a surprise medium or assault. o.o;

I'm day dreaming of Ambassadors, King Crabs, Urban Mechs, and Harvester Ants.

#25 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostKoniving, on 30 August 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Guys, there's a sale on the trial mechs every week before the patch that changes them. I wish it would include the champion mech because that would certainly get some real money flowing. Still, it is pretty standard fare now.

Since I own all of these mechs I'm going to sit back and speculate as to what the next hero mech will be, and when the next mech comes out. Given the track record it's either going to be a Heavy i.e. Orion or a light, such as the Flea. Though HSR has improved the speed cap is still in place, so it's quite feasible that the Orion may be coming. That or a surprise medium or assault. o.o;

Another medium after the Saber package... I don't hope so... :P

#26 Phoenix2730

• PipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBehind you.....

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

Wow. All everyone ever does is complain about each promotion that they have, then state they will stop playing the game until this is fixed or that is fixed. If you aren't playing the game, why are you here complaining about something you no longer play? If you can design games then apply for a job here and stop crying all the time. I know I can't program games, and yes mwo has it's issues. It's still a fun game that I at least enjoy playing dispite the bugs. It is in BETA after all. Geez...

#27 Guitardrumr

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostPhoenix2730, on 30 August 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Wow. All everyone ever does is complain about each promotion that they have, then state they will stop playing the game until this is fixed or that is fixed. If you aren't playing the game, why are you here complaining about something you no longer play? If you can design games then apply for a job here and stop crying all the time. I know I can't program games, and yes mwo has it's issues. It's still a fun game that I at least enjoy playing dispite the bugs. It is in BETA after all. Geez...

I think that's exactly it though. The game is still in BETA, and yet still asks you to spend $7 on a mech, during a 50% off sale. So it's normally $14. And that's not even a popular mech.

Still though, most F2P games such as this seem to have a bit of a learning curve before they figure out where their pricing needs to be to appeal to the most people. I don't think this a huge deal, but it is something that should maybe be looked at, and addressed appropriately. The game itself is very enjoyable, albeit a bit frustrating from time to time, and I don't expect anyone to quit over mech pricing. Though sales of those mechs may suffer, if they are perceived to be too expensive, which they seem to be.

#28 Morlokk

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBoca Raton, Florida

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

View Postanfadern, on 30 August 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Maybe it is time for another challenge soon like the "Assault And Conquer Challenge"
I really enjoyed that! :P

How did this only get 3 likes. I was really hoping this long weekend would be a challenge weekend.

View PostAsh23Neuro, on 30 August 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

This sale sucks...

This is what is called the opposite of constructive criticism.

#29 RedThirteen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 159 posts
  • LocationRockets

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostPhoenix2730, on 30 August 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

It is in BETA after all. Geez...

Despite being in BETA a significant portion of the player base would have already forked out anywhere between 30 to $230 USD, not including MC purchases. With money being shoved in tripling or quadrupling that of a retail game, it's no small wonder these guys are so invested in seeing this game thrive.

With this in mind it's no small wonder that PGI's monthly fumbles generates a disproportionate amount of rage.

#30 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostKoniving, on 30 August 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

:P

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 30 August 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

:P

Even more fun. Nothing says bang like an AC/20-totting Raven 4x that runs faster than a stock Hunchback and a stock Raven despite having a smaller engine than a stock Raven!

Raven vids!
Spoiler

#32 brighteyes

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Ilya, Firebrand, or Misery. Until one of those goes on sale you may not have my money PGI.

#33 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

BEST SALE EVER!!!!! I received word from the silent majority that they are buying all of these mechs. Now, I just need to put my tin foil hat back on so that the devs over at PGI cant read my thoughts.

#34 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

Would be easier to pick the Raven up if there was a Hero Raven available. I don't buy mechs without a hero version. I wouldn't want to be stuck with 3 regulars and 1 hero later on. :wub:

Edited by Elizander, 30 August 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#35 Ash23Neuro

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostMorlokk, on 30 August 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

This is what is called the opposite of constructive criticism.

Well, every trial by fire sale sucks to me because I would never spend any precious MCs on something I can easly buy with C-Bills.
The only sales I'm intrested are paints, patterns and hero mechs (although I've not bought any on sale yet). Of course I would love to see MC -30% sale but as I suppose it's comming on Christmas (someone asked about it in Ask the Devs and answer was the same time like last year).
Was it constructive enough?

#36 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

The RVN-2X is a terrible mech. Anything it can do, any of the Jenners can do better, with better speed and jumpjets to boot. The 4X has an interesting niche spot since MGs are viable now (and it has JJs, unique for a raven), but the 2X is a waste of money.

The CDA-3C is a heavier alternative to the machine gun menace that is the Spider 5K, but the CDA-3C has no jumpjets and is much much easier to take down. Doesn't even have ECM, so it's out-shined by the CDA-3M. This chassis' problems were further exacerbated by the IMO unneeded machine gun nerfs, so its falling back into useless obscurity again.

You can do your typical PPC-Gauss combo on this victor (you can do it on any of them, really), but it's also a good build for high-speed AC20 shenanigans.

#37 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hi is your game working? When I click free to play it takes me to "this page cannot be displayed" any info about what's going on? Even on my pc I can't access my profile only on my iPad B)

#38 Whois123wensort

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

I didnt know About this ..sadly I not allowed account anymore ..shame I'm going to miss MC CBill no fun being trial mech, it all bout suffering Trial mech.

Sorry for my lack of english.

Edited by Davestarload, 15 September 2013 - 10:09 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users