4 replies to this topic

#1 OmniJackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf Breeze, Florida

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

I think I'm dusting off my PS3 and carting it off to its final resting ground at Gamestop tomorrow. I really want to rebuy the Phoenix package but this time instead of going for the talon I want to get the Overlord and buy the reinforcement package on top of it (I still feel bad for getting my original purchase refunded over my dislike of ghost heat at the time). Anyway the total for all of that will be $110 and if Gamestop gives me at least that much I noticed that they sell ultimate game cards which I can use to pay for MWO stuff. A quick check online tells me that gamestop only sells the $20 value cards but even if they sell the $100 ones I'll still need to buy more than one card to pay for my purchase. My question is, can I use multiple ultimate game cards to buy these larger packages in MWO? If so, how does it work? When I go to pay it asks me to put my card PIN in. Do I just enter multiple PINs until enough has been entered? Thanks in advance for your help random person that replies below. I love you.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

I do not know for certain, but I would imagine that they would keep asking for more card pins until the total amount is present, one card at a time. I paid with a credit card I have for only online purchases just for the occasional splurge like this.

Sorry if this wasn't helpful. Maybe, seen as the card go in $20 increments and the packages do as well, it might be easier to just buy several $20 cards and slowly step it up one step at a time? Presuming the first, grouped, try doesn't work...

#3 NoXHeart

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

From personal experience of purchasing the overlord package I can tell you yes, you can use multiple cards to buy the full package.

Like you and Tesunie said, you simple keep entering pins one by one till the full ammount is paid.

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostNoXHeart, on 30 August 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

From personal experience of purchasing the overlord package I can tell you yes, you can use multiple cards to buy the full package.

Like you and Tesunie said, you simple keep entering pins one by one till the full ammount is paid.

Thanks for the official information. I was just going by what would make the most sense, but that isn't always how it is set up after all, is it? Happy to know it will work at least.

I'm actually about to upgrade to Overlord soon, though I might stop one step shorter. I have Storm right now, but I think I'd feel more at home in a Thunderbolt maybe. I do like my LRMs after all... (and my lasers too.)

#5 OmniJackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf Breeze, Florida

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostNoXHeart, on 30 August 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Hey thanks a bunch guys I love both of you. I was going to sell the PS3 on ebay since I normally use Paypal for everything but I'm just sick of dicking around with paying ebay and paypal fees and then having to pay for shipping on top of that. I was hoping gamestop would give me at least $100 for the PS3 and maybe even more if I got in store credit and was just going to get the ultimate cards to buy these mechs up and use the rest for some steam wallet cards. TBH I still only want the Talon since the Locust is the only mech that interests me out of the bunch but they all look really nice and I can just sell the non phoenix variants later after everything is elited if I don't like them. Thanks for the info and eagerly looking forward to being a second time founder for the second time!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users