2 replies to this topic

#1 DaffyGKH

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

My name is Dafyyd. I have been waiting for the 'official fifth' in the Mechwarrior series for the past ten years. I am sixteen years old.

The Mechwarrior universe, it's concepts, it's awesomeness, became a strong love of mine. Very similiar to the love that I have for the BOOK Starship Troopers, written by Robert Heinlein, and the Joss Whedon T.V. series, Firefly.

My first experience with Mechwarrior, was Mechwarrior 2. It was 2002-2003 and I played the hell out of it, at five and six years of age, on a Windows 98 Machine. Then it was Quake II. Then it was Freelancer. Then it was Mechwarrior 4, Vengeance. That was 2004. I was in second grade, and all my classmates hated that I could not seem to talk about anything other than Mechwarrior.

Because it was freakin' amazing. Those poor kids never had the opportunity to understand!

Over the course of the past 8 years, I have replayed the above mentioned games, along with a few other classics, and in 2009 I found a video for 'Mechwarrior 5.' I tripped balls, and showed my father. He tripped balls, too. And then nothing, for the next 3 years. And now, there is a beta open for the 'official fifth' in the Mechwarrior series. I can't even find words to explain my joy, excitement, and anticipation for this game. I don't think I could have picked a better time to start looking into the Mechwarrior series again, because -now- is when it counts.

A funny thing is, though, I remember rockin' a Timber Wolf in '02 and '03, and how amazing I thought it was. I fired the old machine up and decided to play Mechwarrior 2 again a couple years ago, in '09, and I remember thinking, "Damn... I remember this looking way better."

Does any of the above matter to you, in any way, shape, or form? No, it does not.
But I thought I would share that.

P.S. I do not mean to make it sound like I played the games at release. At the time these games were released, I could hardly speak yet.

EDIT: How dare I neglect to mention my plays and replays of both Mech Commander games...

Edited by DaffyGKH, 13 June 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#2 evanjellyo

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

mmmm windows 98 still got a old riged up pc to play them floppy disk games, especialy good old mw games and i agree with you kids back then in us oldies ages never really knew what we where talking about only people that had the game or pc's back then would kno what was been said. MW has allways been a good lan party game and allways will be the best.

#3 DaffyGKH

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I never got the chance to play a LAN match on MW, but with MWO, I don't think I'll need to!
I have gone through several pairs of pants in the past few days, due to this game.
Theoretically.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users