Hmmm... battletech urges... MegaMek anyone?

4 replies to this topic

#1 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

All this talk about another game in the BT universe after so long is making me all super nostalgic for the old TT. That isn't going to happen (too busy), but I have fiddled with MegaMek in the past. Anyone here who knows a lot about it? I'm interested in finding an online community that plays BT RPG games with it.

#2 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

http://banshee.mekwars.net/mwtracker

The various campaign servers. If you've never played on one before be ready to get your **** handed to you, some of the best players from around the world can be found on each.

#3 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

View PostKudzu, on 10 November 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

http://banshee.mekwars.net/mwtracker

The various campaign servers. If you've never played on one before be ready to get your **** handed to you, some of the best players from around the world can be found on each.

Thanks, that is a big help. It sounds like a largely competitive league, but I will look into it. I'm mostly interested in a more laid back "playing an RPG with your buds" type of atmosphere.

Edited by MagnusEffect, 10 November 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#4 Reconcilliation

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

I've got an irc channel set up for people who play battletech to chat and arrange games together.

irc.rizon.net
#Battletech

#5 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

how many people do you have? anything going on right now? i admit i haven't used irc in FOREVER so if i do that, i'm hoping it will be worth my effort (if you get my meaning)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users