- - - - -

$15 Or 3K Mc How To Spend?

21 replies to this topic

#1 The Iz

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

SO I'm allowed to spend 15-20 on the game, how or what should I spend it on? I just made an account and played a bunch of rounds, I have 10mil CBs

Do I pay for time? Buy a Mech? buy one of those Phoenix pachages?

by the way my account says premium right now, but i cant change anything around on my "free mechs"...

thanks iun advance for any help :)

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

The phoenix packages don't show up until October. for paying only a small amount all you'll get is a handful of Locusts, which i probably would not reccomend. (a larger package is a better deal but outside your budget)

Try some premium time and save MC for mech bays.

#3 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 31 August 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

The phoenix packages don't show up until October. for paying only a small amount all you'll get is a handful of Locusts, which i probably would not reccomend. (a larger package is a better deal but outside your budget)

Try some premium time and save MC for mech bays.

Agreed. The Phoenix packages are an outstanding deal, but you need to be getting at least the Storm package, ideally higher, for it to be worthwhile. The lowest package - the Talon - is the only one that's actually a loss.

You'll want mech bays, definitely. I'd definitely do as Redshift suggests and get some premium time, then save the rest for mech bays. You REALLY want premium time.

#4 Chaosdrive

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

If you can spend 15 a month then I'd go with premium time and then mech bays with whatever is left, however if it is a one time only payment then I'd say to go with nothing but mechbay's - After all the extra income from the premium time you could buy won't mean jack if you are having to sell mech's left and right every time you want to try something new.

Edited by Chaosdrive, 31 August 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#5 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Mech Bays first
Everything meh

If it is just a $15 one time thing.

#6 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Spend it on Mech Bays. They are the one thing you need that cbills cannot buy if you want to play this game.

Other than that I would say premium time to help with the grind. With our new economy its a grind no matter what, I am seriously questioning if I refill my premium time after it runs out.

The best over arching advice I can give you is to never sell anything. You may never conceive a use for that Mech/Engine/Weapon you have laying around. Trust me, you will at some point find a use for it.... So try not to sell anything.

#7 The Iz

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

I have been looking and cant even find a place to upgrade to premium, at my menu screen- left is menu - (then there is a box that says) Premium account - (and then) add time (wich does nothing when I click it, and seems greyed out).

Ok, now... what will buying bays do for me, if I have no mechs and no way of buying mechs?

as per if this is a one time thing, I'm not sure... I trend to get bored with stuff, so I am aways on some sort of "allowance" until I show Ill stay with it... then the coin purses will open more...lol

these parts of the game seem dont seem to be covered very well... I have been reading most of the afternoon and you guys are providing more help then I have found thus far. thanks :)

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

you can't add time until you've bought MC to spend

A little premium time will help you to buy some mechs (after you earn your 8 million credit Cadet Bonus), you won't need the mech bays right away, but when it's time to buy more mechs you will.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 31 August 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#9 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

You need to buy MC before you can buy Premium time.

You get 1 free day of Premium Time just for downloading the game. If you haven't claimed it already you might want to do so... TOMORROW.

Click Download Now at the top of this window with ADBLOCKERS turned off, start the download, cancel it and you'll see the Free Premium thing.

#10 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

You can buy most mechs with CBills; those will fill up your mechbays. If you wanted to spend the cash NOW because it's burning a hole in your pocket, the mechbays will be your best long-term investment.

#11 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostscJazz, on 31 August 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Mech Bays first
Everything meh

If it is just a $15 one time thing.

^ What they said. 3000MC buys you 10 mech bays. That's a good start. You might even want to buy all those mech bays at once, so you're not tempted to spend the money on anything else.

View PostThe Iz, on 31 August 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Ok, now... what will buying bays do for me, if I have no mechs and no way of buying mechs?

You buy mechs with C-Bills, which you earn by playing. You earn your first zillion C-Bills by playing with the free trial mechs. In fact, for your first 25 matches you'll have this huge "Cadet Bonus" which helps you earn C-Bills pretty quickly. Don't get used to earning so many C-Bills per match, because those first 25 matches go by fast.
If you're looking at the "Buy mech" menu, most mechs have a price in C-BIlls and MC. Never buy with MC what you can buy with C-BIlls.

Hero mechs, premium time, and nifty colors don't help you win the game.

And never sell anything! OK, so the exception might be single heat sinks (I keep about 12 or 15 in the inventory, so I've sold dozens of them) and I might sell some medium lasers since I have 10 or more I'm not using.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 31 August 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#12 The Iz

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

Wow! that actually cleared up ALOT of questions I had!! thanks! I think I now can formulate a gameplan! I thought the mechs had a double cost of Cbills AND MC... now I think I just have one more question, how are munitions, pilots, abilities, and so on paid for? thanks a heap guys! :D

oh! and when should i get my free day? I am on east coast if that makes a difference...

Edited by The Iz, 31 August 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#13 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Munitions are C-bills. Each mech you own has ablities you unlock with XP-which you get for playing that mech. The better you do the more you get. Raising the shut down temprature, speed tweak are examples. There is also GXP which you can use to unlock modules-which you then buy with C-bills. When I started playing I didn't get teh MC / C-bill thing so I paid for my first 4 mechs which I don't regret but would have used C-bills if I'd understood beter how the currency works in game. You can never have enough bays because there are a lot of mechs you can get. Not sure about the free day, I know for the Pheniox free days you had to activate them.

#14 The Iz

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostscJazz, on 31 August 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

You need to buy MC before you can buy Premium time.

You get 1 free day of Premium Time just for downloading the game. If you haven't claimed it already you might want to do so... TOMORROW.

Click Download Now at the top of this window with ADBLOCKERS turned off, start the download, cancel it and you'll see the Free Premium thing.

This is the post i was tlaking about...

#15 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostThe Iz, on 31 August 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

This is the post i was tlaking about...

Then click Like this so I can have more Likes and feel better about my Interwebz!

#16 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Buy mech bays.. plan your cbill - mech purchases carefully, ie look at the tier list, then decide how much you can play. 1 month of premium time is really good value if you can play and use it... in fact, use it with a new account to max your cbill cadet bonus --- see my post regarding it... Tankboyken showed that you can actually increase your cadet bonus by 50% with premium time!

added:

the free 1 day premium time is a great way to play your 25 matches and get max cbills! it's worth remaking an account just to get the extra 5 or 6 million cbills because right now... I make abou5 5-6 million cbills in 2 days of playing 6+ hrs / day

Edited by MavRCK, 31 August 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#17 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

mech bays are OP

#18 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

Mech bays are the only use of MC I would encourage!

#19 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

i bought $15MC no mech bays yet, i used MC during the xp to gxp conversion sale, and i phrakened 2 catapults single use.most of my paint is basic bought with cbills.premium time can be bought in chunks like 3 days, a week....

#20 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

You should wait until the game is officially launched. They will have mechs available that are not now.

save your cash and MC until the end of the month.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users