River City Night Causing Unplayable Fps Drop

6 replies to this topic

#1 chadwokie

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

just asking if any one knows of issues with river city night map regarding fps issues and huge screen freeze lock ups?

run a ati hd5970 gfx card and a intel chip if that helps any (all drivers fully updated)

the fps drop usaly kicks in after a minute and quickly gets worse and worse till it will completely freeze

#2 Jyaksus

• Pip
  • Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Similar issues on River City Night. Backed into a corner under bridge to prevent a pesky spider from getting free shots at me without being able to shoot back.

Three times, he circled around, and as soon as he was within view, screen freezes completely, no idea what's happening for 3-5 seconds, when unfrozen, He's just leaving my field of view beyond the obstacles.

Needless to say, resulted in eventual death.

Based on circumstances, I'm inclined to say it's a lighting/shaders/paint job bug or glitch. Unfair when a spider has time to stop moving to line up shots against a glitched opponent.

#3 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Having similar problems with that map today... I don't recall having the issue before. For me, it feels like lag but my ping is 150ish (norm 90)

#4 chadwokie

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

river city is next to unplayable for me fps droping down to 2 and in honesty less than that often ending in it freezeing and every so often the curser will move or the screen will update i was 200 points behind in a game just now to give you a example of how slow it was to refresh a image.

would really apreciate some sort of advice on what i could do to try and fix this issue

already droped graphics down and deleted cache file

#5 Pineapple Salad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

For me River City Night is practically unplayable. It averages good 10 fps less than any other map. This wouldn't probably be a problem if I didn't try to run the game on a potato, but as it stands, I'm very close to outright disconnecting if River City Night comes up because I can't do much anything in it.

I wish there was a list to opt out from certain maps. I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer if it meant that I didn't have to play 60% of my games in a map that my PC can not run.

#6 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

What kind of Intel?

I had terrible fps on my core2duo.
And every patch seemed to make it a bit worse.
Than I upgraded to a q6600, was quite better.
But still no comparison to my i5 at the moment.

It's kinda important to know what kind if CPU, I might even go so far that the graphics card is not important; depending on you're resolution of course.

I bet I could play this game with acceptable fps on my integrated graphics card (in the i5), if my display wasn't so wide.
Maybe I'll give it a try sometime just to find out.

What you might want to play around with is the settings in the graphics options and drop in river city night in trainings ground.

Actually dropping to very low in the settings might be counterproductive, just move each slider from low to high and see if I'd made a difference; some settings don't affect performance at all, and some run better at high than low or off.

#7 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

The thing is, they develop one thing over here and one thing over there.... then they put the two pieces together and it looks (and feels) something like this

Posted Image

It is approximated that if you (along with 1 million of similar minded people) continue to pay no less than 50$ per week to the developer than this puzzle shall be complete by:

The End Of Your Natural Life

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 18 November 2013 - 01:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users