- - - - -

Mechwarrior Won't Launch

7 replies to this topic

#1 ColossusIII

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

So, this has been on my PC for a long time. I never got around to playing it. So, I try playing it again. Wait for it to patch, click play, but it just minimizes itself. Opening up from that window, I cannot click play anymore. It just says Please Wait. I've reinstalled and re patched but nothing is working. Help is appreciated.

#2 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hi ColossusIII

If you have Avast anti-virus and AMD, you may find that this is causing the problem. There is a work-around. According to the forum post about this issue you need to:
"Open Avast, go to settings and under the troubleshooting section uncheck the box for "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization". Then reboot and you should be able to launch MWO with no problems."

I hope this helps. If not - then an email to support@mwomercs.com should get you the help you need.

Edited by Dalziel Hasek Davion, 02 September 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

It can also help to run "as administrator" Also get direct x 9, .net framework,. and C++, i'll try to track down my links..

View PostRedshift2k5, on 28 August 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

For starters, run the shortcut "as administrator" which you can do by right-clicking on it, or by modifying the shortcut.

Second, you need to ensure you have direct x 9c, .net framework, etc.

Try installing the following:
DirectX http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35
Visual C++ http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5555
.NET http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=22

Edited by Redshift2k5, 02 September 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#4 ColossusIII

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Right, I forgot that I probably should exclude software like this from avast. I've excluded it from scans and detection. If it doesn't work, I'll try installing the DirectX and stuff, or disable the hardware-assisted virtualization. It's nice of you guys to help me. :3

#5 ColossusIII

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Alright, disabling hardware-assisted virtualization seemed to work. Thanks guys!

#6 Snufflez

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

umm but i didnt WANT to disable hardware-assisted virtualization! i just want to try it out, but i have to go through all this junk! i havent even seen the title screen yet cause of this!

#7 Scav3ng3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Then you'll have to wait for Avast! to come out with an update to fix the issue, scuttlebutt says some higher up within the company likes this game enough, that there will prolly be a patch to fix this issue.

#8 katakliza

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

well ive got similar problem i downloaded patch but only says pls wait nothing else it wont let me start or anything it is anoying

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users