Starting to get comfortable

23 replies to this topic

#1 Maxxinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationDefiance Industries, Hesperus II

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

I've been here for a little while now and I'm starting to recognize usernames and signatures. I'm starting to become one with the community and it's a good feeling. I've only ever been part of one other forum and that was Just Cause 2. I like the atmosphere here and feel privileged to meet all of you guys. I spent a few hours making my signature in paint. Started by setting up the AI an iconic mech in MW4:Mercenaries while I played the Camera Ship. I then took a screen shot of my preferred angle then spent most of my time stretching specific background spots to fit the 80x720 perimeters. I.E. the clouds in the middle. Then put my username and my company in a nice looking text. It's not as nice as some of yours but I feel insainly proud of it when I post. It's like a commitment to keep on postin' ;) While ghetto, please PM me if you want one and we'll talk mechs and background options.

Edited by Maxxinator, 13 June 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hey, I have to say that is actually a very nice sig. Glad to hear you are feeling at home in this community, we have some damn great people here.

#3 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Nice sig man ;)

Ive seen you around here a couple posts ago :)

View PostCoffiNail, on 13 June 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

we have some damn great people here.

Yes we do.....(myself included :wub:)

#4 WalkingDeathBot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLooking for Paul so as to troll him

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yeah a really great community. I really do need to work on my MS Paint skills as this is my first sig.........pretty sad really......all I was able to do was find a pic of a robot with a gun, crop, and add a background color that matched the forums. Kudos to you guys that know what you're doing.

#5 Maxxinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I can't wait to see you guys online eventually, as with Just Cause 2, you guys should expect a giant leap in newcomers after release. I have been playing MW for years but I don't know any of the lore or anything about tabletop so what I know is what I read here. I expect to be here for a long time. ;)

View PostWalkingDeathBot, on 13 June 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Yeah a really great community. I really do need to work on my MS Paint skills as this is my first sig.........pretty sad really......all I was able to do was find a pic of a robot with a gun, crop, and add a background color that matched the forums. Kudos to you guys that know what you're doing.

And WalkingDeathBot, just send me a PM and maybe I can get something worked out :)

#6 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yeah ill be here a very long time too,

maybe even FOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEVVVVVEERRRRRR!

#7 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Im feeling the same way, recognising people by their sigs alot more often now, besides the goons, all of their sigs are the same >.<

#8 JabberJon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 147 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Haha, glad you're enjoying yourself. :) Hopefully we can all meet up in game and melt some faces. ;)

#9 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostNeo Angelo, on 13 June 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Haha, glad you're enjoying yourself. :) Hopefully we can all meet up in game and melt some faces. ;)

Yeah cant wait!

#10 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostMason West, on 13 June 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Yeah cant wait!

Posted Image

Edited by Skadi, 13 June 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#11 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

NOT YOU TOO!!!

lol why was i named Mason?
or why did they name him Mason??

Edited by Mason West, 13 June 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#12 Maxxinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Most people are stuck to a specific position, but I want to help out more than be the guy getting helped. So I'm looking at a scout position and support.This is just a reaction for me because I'm so used to everyone being lone wolves. I just hope I don't have to help to win, and that maybe I can trust my team for support when I feel I need it, Chromehounds was the only other game like this that I know of.

#13 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Personaly hoping for beta just so i can get a good feel for what i wanna do, previous games i play'd assult and heavy, but thats because i had mechs like the Fafnir...

#14 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostSkadi, on 13 June 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Personaly hoping for beta just so i can get a good feel for what i wanna do, previous games i play'd assult and heavy, but thats because i had mechs like the Fafnir...

You got Atlas,

#15 Maxxinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostSkadi, on 13 June 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Those duel Heavy Gauss rifles would be the end to a lot of mechs, but not such a good loner mech.

#16 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Ehhh, realy im not too inclined to the Atlas, thats like being a giant hit marker for Jenners everywhere, honestly i MAY play a scout or medium.

#17 JabberJon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 147 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

I'll play whatever I see is needed. I anjoy all roles (which is odd for me, I always lean towards one or two things). I don't mind being support or recon, I can play moving target or damage dealer. I don't mind, I just want to find a good group to run with.

#18 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Welcome to the community. You should talk to Hayden. Check out the fan art side of the community, might find plenty of common ground :).

#19 Damocles 1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

yeah yeah thats what they all say, it starts with an innocent PM, next thing you know you're meeting someone in the park for icecream and a surprise nap in the back of a van, i'm onto you

#20 Mica Black

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIronhold City, Ironhold, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, weclome to the community. Feeling the same about it. the first posts, i've read and the next one, showed it up to me, that this is one of the best communitys so far i have seen before. And i played a lot of games, like WoW, WoT, LoL, CoD MW2/3, L4D2. But this is so far the really best community <3. Since i've read the books about the clans especially the jade phoenix books, i'm fan of the clans and this is how i picked my signature, cuz the MadCat /Timberwolf is my favorite mech so far. :)

But still i can wait for the clans to come, so i can do some jobs with the IS tech at first and later, when the game will arrive at the moment, when the clan arrives, i hope there will be a special event, like the battle of Tukayyid. that would be awesome <3

So again, welcome to one of the best communitys so far i've seen <3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users