9 replies to this topic

#1 Vermithrax Rex

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I have a decent PC. Not awesome. But decent.

Now I've paid for my Project Phoenix Overlord pack and thinking about adding the Saber Reinforcement pack, but........

Ever since the 12v12 patch my frame rate has cratered. While moving is around 12-20fps and gets worse when things heat up.

If this isn't fixed I'm going to have to ask PGI for a refund of my $80.

I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME AT THIS RATE.

#2 StainlessSR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSunShine State

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

wrong forum for this post

#3 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

How about reducing details, shadows and other graphic options?

Update your drivers.

Ask for a refund and invest that money into a PC upgrade. 12-20 FPS means that your PC is not decent ;-)

Because hoping for better code is in my book not a wise investment of 80$.

#4 Vermithrax Rex

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

Updated drivers already.

Reduced details, shadows particles, everything.

I'm running a duo core processor @ 3.00 GHz w/ 4Gb ram and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti. Like I said.......decent, but older PC that ran MWO great until the new patch.

Prior to the 12v12 patch I was running around 48-60fps on a regular basis. My Trebuchet and Jenner both running around like a mad dog legging Mechs and it ran beautifully.

I fail to see how my setup is the fault, when it ran good before the patch. And investing the $80 was an attempt to support a game I've loved for years.....not an attempt to invest in "better code".

I only posted this to see if anyone else out there is having the same problems and thoughts.

#5 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Hate to break this to you(actually i dont :) ..sry) but that rig isnt decent.
Also Decent + Older, dont go together. When a computer gets old, it is no longer good. its not like a car, that can keep going and be good for its use.
PC software advances and requirs more as things progress, meaning older rigs, no matter how good they were when u got them, eventually become obsolete.
The Intel Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad CPU's are obsolete in anything remotely CPU intensive, like online gaming.
My old rig was a QX6850 Core 2 Extreme processor, at the time it was a monster CPU, but i had to upgrade almost a year ago now beocuse it was bottlenecking my 560ti SOC GPU like crazy. Since then Iv updated my entire rig and its like night and day.

The 550ti isnt a bad GPU but it is the lowest card that can possibly be considered a gaming card, and that was when the 500 series was new, we are on the 700 series now and things have advanced alot, mainly when the 600 series came in.

Check ur GPU usuage, is it maxed out ? if so ur GPU is to blame, if not , its the CPU.

Reason why after the patch ur getitng this issue. Rendering and computing 16 mechs is alot easier than 24 mechs. not to mention the other processing requirment that go with added players on the screen. Position data, animation, particle effects, damage data etc etc.

Now it may well be that ur ig can still just about keep up and that its a software issue. What i recommend is checking ur windowsuautomatic updates, if any where instaleld recently , try uninstalling them. See if it helps.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 02 September 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#6 Liquidx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

View Postcsmonkey, on 01 September 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

I have a decent PC. Not awesome. But decent.

awesome details.
this screams "I have a computer that I think should be able to run this.. but it can't" - which leads me to assume your computer isn't as decent as you want to believe it is. cpu, ram, video card.. all relevant details that you've conveniently left out.

#7 Phaesphoros

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

The sad thing is that 1) the OP's specs match or are better than the official Minimum Requirements and 2) MWO has really high effective(*) minimum requirements when compared to other games. Especially MMOs should have low min reqs so that as many players as possible can play decently, but unfortunately there are some performance issues in MWO itself (and not in the underlying CryEngine, as shown by Crysis 3 and other games/samples).

This game could probably perform much better considering the engine it uses and the actual scenes that have to be rendered (though the viewing distance and maps of this game are quite unique).

Also note the weird HUD performance impact of up to 20 FPS. Try it by toggling the HUD with right-shift + F11.

(*) effective: being able to play the game, at least at ~35 FPS average.

Edited by Phaesphoros, 03 September 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#8 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I have been playing MWO since closed beta and it has always been very CPU intensive and this latest couple of patches is no exception. From first hand experience upgrading that Core2 Due to a Quad makes a world of difference in MWO. I upgraded 5 different machine with Q6700s (cheap on ebay) and overclocked them to 3.0-3.5ghz. This simply and inexpensive upgrade has allowed my friends and I to enjoy a much better MWO experience for very little investment.

Specs:
Q6700 @ 3.5ghz
4GB ram @ 1066 5-5-5-15
GTX280
Low FPS: 25
Average FPS 45
Max FPS 65
1440x900
All settings on Very High

#9 Troggy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Minimum...Means "Will the game start/run? Can I get through a match?" The OP can do both, and meets the minimum requirements.

Then look at 'recommended specs.' He misses on Ram (by 50%), Processor (by a tonne >50%) and his video card is about equal (slower, but newer instructions) to the 285. It's not gonna run well.

--
Troggy

View PostPhaesphoros, on 02 September 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

The sad thing is that 1) the OP's specs match or are better than the official Minimum Requirements and 2) MWO has really high minimum requirements when compared to other games. Especially MMOs should have low min reqs so that as many players as possible can play decently, but unfortunately there are some performance issues in MWO itself (and not in the underlying CryEngine, as shown by Crysis 3 and other games/samples).

This game could probably perform much better considering the engine it uses and the actual scenes that have to be rendered (though the viewing distance and maps of this game are quite unique).

(Also note the weird HUD performance impact of up to 20 FPS. Try it by toggling the HUD with right-shift + F11.)

#10 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:29 AM

My gaming rig is only a little more "decent" as the OP's. GTX 550 Ti with 2GB DDR5 Ram, 16GB DDR3Ram, Phenom II X4 945 amd I get 25-40 frames with 12vs12.

But MWO is taking a toll on the hardware. Not only is the Cryengine 3 hungry for ressources but the mechs an the maps are HUGE!!! Add Dx9 and a not optimized code and you have some really bad requirements for a F2P game xD

@OP: what you can do for a better experience:
Pray and hope for some "fixes"
CLEAN your PC. really... dust is a killer.
Upgrade your drivers.
Reinstall MWO.
Reinstall Windows 7.
Upgrade the CPU if possible without changing the motherboard.
Install a better heatsink and overclock your processor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users