About Gauss And Moving Forward - Feedback

490 replies to this topic

#481 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Still waiting to move forward from this unwanted change.

DPS fix please

#482 Ulvar

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 23 February 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

[...] have pulled it from all mechs after numerous instances where the charge mechanic cost me a shot due to a short target window. Now I just see triple or quad AC5's everywhere, doing 15 to 20 damage every 1.5 seconds. Maybe they will get a charge mechanic too.

this

aside from that i think it was done because of gauss/erppc jump snipers. well surprise but there are still a lot of high alpha jump snipers in the game just not with gauss. before the nerf the gauss was ok because it exploded when destroyed because of the charged capacitor. best is that now it still will explode even it was not charged.

personally i will not use it anymore as long as it has this charge mechanic and there are much better alternatives.

#483 Kesslan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

Honestly the present guass mechanic has made it almost entirely useless on mechs in my opinion. Unless you run dual/tripple (yes it can be done, but you are a glass cannon with almost no armour) gauss there's really no reason to run it at all anymore. Anything else not only has way higher DPS overall, but won't blow up your mech with it when it inevitably gets critted very easily.

Don't get me wrong. I understand why they nerfed it. But the mechanic they used to create that nerf just just mean that it only ecame really useful to the very builds that created the nerf in the first place and made it far too much of a liability to be worth it to every other mech build that made use of it. It now only has downsides and no upsides, unless used on a pure sniper build. Used to be it had a place on some brawler mechs.

#484 Nemesis Wolf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf occupation zone (or Seattle, Wa-IRL)

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Honestly I don't like the Charge on the Gauss Rifle, It makes it clunky and ungainly to use as you have to have a pretty much immobile target to shoot at. As most pilots aren't going to sit still for you you've pretty much made it into a weapon that practically no-one uses now. PLEASE remove the charge on it, Putting a longer reload time on it would make a bit more sense which could be explained as the magnets charging, but to actually have to Charge it (Which if you're timing on the release is off you have to recharge it all over again) is completely pointless.

#485 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

I've written off PGI's ability to listen to the community and properly fix their game.

Why is there still no change to the cooldown? There was no "moving forward" from the fix, it was "Get over it and move on"

IMO gauss is broken and PGI doesn't care.

#486 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

I'm also extremely dissatisfied with the Gauss Rifle in its current state. It's supposed to be one of the most powerful weapons in the game and now it just feels so subpar. Please PGI, we implore you to remove the charge mechanic and restore this weapon to its former glory. The chance to explode and high amount of criticals were enough of a drawback

#487 Hillbillycrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

Now I just see triple or quad AC5's (and AC 2's) everywhere, doing 15 to 20 damage every 1.5 seconds. Maybe they will get a charge mechanic too
This.

I don't use gauss. It's too clunky and the firing window is too short. Add in the bad hit reg state currently happening on and off and it's totally not worth it.

#488 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

Please remove the silly charge mechanic and put in the TT minimum range or something. Anything but this silly charge mechanic. The gauss is the iconic weapon for the Highlander, between the charge on the gauss and the HUGE jump jet nerf for the Highlander has made it near impossible to try and stick to a cannon build on the mech.

#489 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

I bought the Heavy Metal when it was on sale a few days ago and I've desperately tried to use it with the Gauss. Not happening. I'll stick a pair of AC5 on there instead thanks. GJ for forcing me to use the stupid meta everyone else is already using.

#490 Daekar

• 1,214 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

I don't have any problem with the charge mechanic. I just wish they had subtracted the charge time from the cycle time. The DPS really stinks for such a heavy weapon.

#491 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

how about....

allowing Gauss to hold its charge and it has a chance to explode if crit when charge is held. (i think this would make the exploding mechanic make some sense)

then

give ppc the current gauss charge mechanic. (charge and release)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users