- - - - -

Few Questions

6 replies to this topic

#1 hammar13

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Hi all, long time player of table top getting in line. I have a few questions.

1. How can I see what I get paid for after a match. Ive seen some posts of screen shots that show EXP earned and such on other posts but after a match all I see if a list of players, my score, assist kills and ping. Then goes back to the main screen with the mech bay. I'd like to see what I get money for to improve what I need to do to get more.

2. In experimenting with builds and mechs, I just put together a hunchback and added some med pulse lazers to fit what I liked on the table top. I like it fine and got 2 kills the other day, but the range I like is lacking. Do I A. put er PPC's on it, or B just grind to build a sniper?
Since we do no tknow what map were lauching into my close range mech gets wiped getting into position sometime in open maps. I found soe great sniping spots.. but 280 M it soo short when target's back is 600m away.

Thanks,

#2 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

1 ) Click Player stats top right of the Match screen you are referring to
2 ) You could just strap on bigger guns probably the best idea since you are new

#3 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

1. At the end of the game you have two tabs. One that is named Team Stats and shows the score for all players. This one is shown by default. The other is named Player Stats and shows stats for your individual performance.

When evaluating your income keep in mind that you're a new player and for your first 25 games you get a major bonus. This comes down to about 7 million in total. If you feel like you're getting less money now, keep in mind that you may just be playing fine, probably better then in your first games, your bonus is just wearing off..

2. Right now the meta is still in favour of long range. Not as much as it used but it's still there. I don't know which variant you bought but with medium lasers and AC10 or 2xPPC in the hunch you can get pretty far.

3. Now for your new player care package. If you haven't discovered these things already they're very good resources to have:

Smury's mechlab and stats. Lets you experiment with builds without spending actual money.

Community run Teamspeak. Coordination is key. By grouping up with people and playing by voice you'll do much better. I would recommend Comstar NA and Outreach (owned by the NoGutNoGalaxy podcast). They have pretty good communities.

Personal recommendations: Unlock your arms and turn of throttle decay in the options menu. Using a throttle like previous MW games gives you more control over your angular velocity with your target. A lower speed helps with aiming and tracking as your torso moves at a limited rate. Unlocking your arms gives you more reach. To use your arms you have to be in first person though.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

It's certainly cheaper to experiment with different weapons on your current mech than it is to buy a whole new mech. I would suggest trying some ERPPCs, they're a very good weapon system, although they recently went up in heat value making them slightly hotter to run. Still, worth a try if you find yourself wanting to make some long range kill shots!

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

I recommend trying out medium lasers in place of pulse lasers for that range. It is also easier to control heat. Turn arm lock off so you have a greater range of motion.

A build I had for a long time was a Hunchback 4SP, all pilot unlocks, 2 Large laser, 2 Med laser, 2 Streaks. Back when Streaks were OP, it was great taking out wimpy Commandos and other lights as well as doing a good amount of damage to anything. It ran a little hot, but it was controllable. Now, Mediums tend to get eaten alive with all the PPCs and Gauss flying around, but both have just been nerfed so I might have to rebuy that Hunchback and try it out with the new increased engine limit.

#6 hammar13

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

thank you for the responses. I will try the other tab. Never saw it up there to be honest.

I may try the PPC's tonight.

Thank you again.

#7 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

View Posthammar13, on 03 September 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

thank you for the responses. I will try the other tab. Never saw it up there to be honest.

I may try the PPC's tonight.

Thank you again.

Ummmmm, we weren't expecting it but the Heat on (ER)PPCs just got increased and now PPCs do ZERO damage under 90m. ERPPCs still do full.

Just keep it in mind!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users