Swords Of Kentares - Competitive Davion Unit

77 replies to this topic

#1 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Posted Image

Who we are:

SWK is a davion affiliated mercenary corps of about 20 active members. The Swords are heavily involved in competitive play, specifically player driven community warfare. SWK is planning to become a house unit as soon as the official MWO Community Warfare begins, assuming we can maintain an adequate level of autonomy.

Beginnings:

A schism with the Windborne Highlanders brought the original members of SWK together shortly after Open Beta. Eventually the Swords were joined by most of the members of Team Cerberus, a then Skjaldborg affiliated competitive team. Since then, SWK has drawn in other high level players through involvement in competitive matches.

Unit Mindset:

Compared to many competitive teams, SWK is fairly casual. There are no mandatory events and SWK often hosts "Drunk Warrior Online" (a SWK developed MWO drinking game), trial 12s, as well as mixed 12 mans with friendly clans/merc corps. However, during competitive drops, we expect players to perform and operate as a cohesive unit.

Competitive Accomplishments:
  • Competed in the first season of RHoD - missed the playoffs losing to DV8 in a tightly fought 2-3 loss.
  • Marik Civil War Campaign Season 1 - Highest rated Merc corp. Season 1 victory. Crowned "Heroes of the Marik League.
  • Winner of Marik Civil War Season 2.
  • Runner Up of RHoD Season 2
  • Finished 3rd in the Remnant Invitational.
What SWK is Looking for:

SWK is currently recruiting competitive level players to boost our roster for 12 mans. At the moment there is more emphasis on Heavy & Medium pilots, however if you are particularly skilled in Assaults or Lights, please feel free to submit your application.

Players applying should have a good understanding of the game mechanics, mech building, battlefield awareness, and a willingness to learn. Most of SWK's members have been part of the competitive MWO scene since its inception. Applicants should be open minded, and willing to adapt to SWK's play-style and culture.

Apply Here.

Disclosures:

The Swords of Kentares asks that our members be online, with mechs built and ready to play on game days. Keep in mind, showing up does not guarantee a spot. As a competitive team, SWK is focused on winning first and foremost. We sub in as many people as possible as the match dictates, but in a tightly contested match, we reserve the right to sub in/out any of our roster.

Note: Attendance is not required, but your best chance of getting into a match is for our team members to be familiar with you and your skills.

Media:

SwK_Imminent Twitch
SWK Youtube

Edited by 3rdworld, 08 May 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#2 Imminent

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 44 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Would have like to seen Drunk Warrior online as one of our competitive accomplishments.... victory ain't easy when Captain Morgan is your co-pilot....that guy is one crazy dude.... just sayin'...

On a serious note, SwK is a great group of guys.... except for the SwK Canadian division, those guys are meh...

#3 Black Alexidor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostImminent, on 04 September 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

except for the SwK Canadian division, those guys are meh...

I resemble that remark! Wait....what?

SwK is a great team with a positive attitude and an amazing roster, join up if you want in on some of the glory!

#4 Araara

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostImminent, on 04 September 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

On a serious note, SwK is a great group of guys.... except for the SwK Canadian division, those guys are meh...

I'm sorry, on behalf of the canadian division.

#5 Caervyn

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

It's definitely a great group of friends ^.^

#6 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Quick update:

This week we will be playing:
  • Blazing Aces - Marik: 9/8/2013 @ 9:30pm. (no PPCs)
  • cReddit Exp - RHoD: 9/10/2013 @ 10:00pm (will include 228 & Luna Wolves).
  • SJR - Marik: 9/12/2013 @ 9:30pm (no ECM/Lock-on/JJs/PPC)

Edited by 3rdworld, 06 September 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#7 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

it was fun playing with and against you guys last night \o/

#8 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 06 September 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Definitely. Fun match. We should try to do it again some time.

#9 Imminent

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 06 September 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Yea that was a great and close match. You know it was a good match when you actually had fun on Terra Therma aka the debbie downer of maps.

#10 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

indeed, it would be fun to set up some scrims sometime :(

#11 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

SwK was victorious against Blazing Aces.

We will be playing cReddit tonight, along with Luna Wolves & 228th.

Check out SWK_Imminent or lunawolves twitch for the stream.

#12 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

SwK vs Blazing Aces & SwK (and friends) vs cReddit are now up on our youtube.

#13 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Last night. First mech we see in this 12 man, is a Jenner. I take a shot with a 2 PPCs, hit the dang thing in the head. I start thinking, "wasted shot, it is nearly impossible to hit the head a second time".

So the jenner is flying away, and imminent sees it. The GIF shows the result.

Posted Image

Yep, Flying jenner headshot. Barely a minute into the match.

Edited by 3rdworld, 12 September 2013 - 07:02 AM.

#14 Imminent

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 12 September 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Last night. First mech we see in this 12 man, is a Jenner. I take a shot with a 2 PPCs, hit the dang thing in the head. I start thinking, "wasted shot, it is nearly impossible to hit the head a second time".

So the jenner is flying away, and imminent sees it. The GIF shows the result.

Yep, Flying jenner headshot. Barely a minute into the match.

The laughing after the shot is good times:

http://www.twitch.tv...inent/c/2918380

Entertaining night all around. The Alliance is too stronk....

#15 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Well, the first week of season 2 of Marik and RHoD are in the bag.

I am super proud of our performance this week. I think we played some exceptional teams and we played some great mechwarrior. SwK finished this week undefeated, and I could not be happier. Honestly, I am still riding on cloud 9 from beating SJR last night. They are an amazing unit, and true ambassadors for MWO competitive play. This makes the third time we have met them in competition, and the first time we have been victorious. SwK has nothing but respect for SJR.

If you are on the fence about whether or not you would like to be a part of SwK, something happened last night, that I think speaks to who we are and how we want to be perceived. In the first sync of the night, SJR had to use their re-drop, and Marik rules only allow a single mulligan per series. On the third match (800 tons) they had another disconnect. We could have forced them to play down a mech, instead we granted an additional mulligan. On the twitch stream, you can hear our guys say, "I would rather lose to SJR than beat them being down a mech". We may talk our fair share of trash on TS. But, we have nothing but respect for anyone that puts themselves out there for competitive MWO.

Now that the mushy stuff is out of the way. We will be celebrating a excellent week tonight in true SwK fashion. Drunk Warrior Online!(MWO drinking game). Make sure your beers are cold and whiskey bottles are full!

If you want to join in, we will have someone camping out at our NGNG channel, give them a shout, and they will hook you up with our TS info.

Check out our Youtube playlist for this weeks matches.

#16 Imminent

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

Great week of games. As always, tonight's Drunkwarrior Online will be on twitch(link in my sig). Stop by, try and 12-man sync with us, or come to our TS and join us, whatever works, let's just have some fun....

All of this weeks videos should be in the playlists as of half an hour ago. Hope everyone enjoys them as much as we enjoyed making them.

#17 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Wow, another tough week incoming.
  • Skye Ranger, RHoD (played on 9/16, SwK wins)
  • Steel Jag - Marik (Tuesday 9/24 @ 9:30pm)
  • Blackstone Knights - Marik (Monday 9/23 @ 9:30pm)
If you want to watch the Skye Rangers match, it should be on youtube later today.

Edited by 3rdworld, 18 September 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#18 Aristo_

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hello! Just dropping by with a few questions. My previous unit, Smoke Jaguar Beta Galaxy is moving from MWO back to MWLL, although I'd still like to stay with the game, since I've already invested in it. So I'm looking for a new competitve group to play with. I'm also coming back to MWO after a short hiatus of getting things organized in my battlefield clan as BF4 rolls around. I have a leadership position, which makes it crucial that I divert a good portion of my time to it, but I'm still very much a fan of the Battletech universe and can usually play on weekdays or early on weekends. What times do you usually hold practices/events?

#19 Imminent

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

We typically schedule competitive drops Monday through Thursday night. We seem to be on a 1-2 events a week schedule at the moment. We usually favor Tuesday and Thursday nights. Sometimes we will schedule a Sunday night event if we have a a good amount of people that can make it.

We usually start @9-10pm EST, and it can either be fast and painless and end at 11pm EST or it can be painful and go to midnight EST.

Just for disclosure, we try and run 12-mans nightly(50/50 that we get one going). Also every night; we are running one to two 4-mans. Usually the people that are on and playing the most together will get the call into the competitive drops, since knowing how each others playstyle is a big part of success.

Since you were honest with your BF4 commitments, we will do the same about SwK.

If your BF clan is a weekend based thing; SwK will most likely work out, provided you have the skills and personality of course:). If your weekdays are clear from your BF commitments and you are always dropping with the guys, then you are probably in a sweet spot...

#20 Aristo_

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Sounds good; maybe I could run a few drops with you guys to get a feel for the unit? I've been doing trial drops with various units this past week.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users