12 replies to this topic

#1 GodziIIa

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ocean off the coast of Japan

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Okay. so i gave my girlfriend my other gaming computer and I was trying to get her into mechwarrior however now it seems like the computer can barely run the game.  in the testing grounds the computer runs the game on ultra high at 60+ fps with minor drops and in game even on the lowest settings it runs at 15-30 max.  The other strange thing is when you die and it shoes the spinning camera around your dead mech the fps shoots up to around 80fps.  i used to play MW:O all the time on the computer on all max and it ran perfect.. So I was wondering if there was some sort of compatibility issue that they have introduced because she can run all other games such as PSO2, Skyrim, and other games on all max with no issues (im guessing it started with either the 3rd person because it introduced a new camera system, or when they added 12 v 12)

She has an
amd radeon 5870 hd
12GB of ram
phenom II x4 @ 2.6 GHz

thanks for any help.

Edited by GodziIIa, 12 September 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#2 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

It is the game, I get FPS drops on all maps since 12 man was introduced with a Geforce 680 GTX and I5 3.5 Ghz.

#3 GodziIIa

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

That's frustrating, Thanks for the quick response. Are they looking into this? or is it a SOL type of deal. Could it be higher demand on the CPU due to the added mechs or is it just a GPU issue. I was experimenting on it just now and noticed in spec mode it jumps to 60+ fps which i find strange. I think it may also have to deal with the dynamic camera (how it swtiches from 1st to 3rd) because the spec camera which I think "might" be how the old 1st person only camera worked as well. Anyway enough ranting...Hopefully they fix it soon. Luckily my computer still seems to run the game fine, im running a GTX TITAN and a i7 boosted to 4.2GHz i beleive, not sure on the exact clock speed anymore.

#4 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yeah: 06AUG is when it went pear shaped, but who's to say what it was, exactly. :)

Any of y'all notice how much more fps you get in the training grounds? As in "talking to the server seems to be the problem?"

Maybe the threads aren't split up enough … :lol:

#5 StainlessSR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSunShine State

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

This has been discussed with just this processor in this thread

This game is very processor bound. When they went to 12v12 they added 8 more mechs that your cpu had to keep track of and your card may have to render. In testing grounds there are only a few mechs (much less than in a full match) and the mechs do not move so there is very little tracking of them required (cpu tracks to be able to determine if they need to be rendered or not).

A mild overclock to 4.0GHz should give some improvement (5+fps).

#6 TheNose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostStainlessSR, on 13 September 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

From 2.6 GHz to 4.0 GHz you call a mild overclock? ^^

Messed up netcode, poor multicore optimization, a demanding UI and and missing DX11 support.
PGI has a lot to do.

#7 StainlessSR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSunShine State

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

on that processor, it is fairly mild, extreme would be 5GHz. Also, with the new consoles set to debut soon, PC's that do not meet or exceed those specs need to be upgraded as new games will start to be coded for them.

#8 GodziIIa

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

So, you think if i just do a slight overclock to her computer it might "help" a little bit?

View PostGoose, on 12 September 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

Yeah: 06AUG is when it went pear shaped, but who's to say what it was, exactly. :(

Any of y'all notice how much more fps you get in the training grounds? As in "talking to the server seems to be the problem?"

Maybe the threads aren't split up enough … :D

Yeah like i said she gets constant 60 with v-sync in the testing grounds and even more with v-sync disabled.

Not that this is terribly relevant, but i get 190-200 fps in the testing grounds without v-sync and around 120 with spikes down to 70 in game. (i use v-sync to keep it at constant 60 when actually playing).

Edited by GodziIIa, 13 September 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#9 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

It looks like it's a Nehalem/ X58/ PCI-E v.2.0 issue, but I hear it's DX9 doesn't like newer big cards.

The one concrete thing I've found is how the Environment slider hates many people, and hates everybody with Ambient Occluison on atoll: You can almost set AO to Performance with Environment at medium, but not really. Set AO off in the driver, and set Environment to high or less …

Also? When the snow storm rolls in on Frozen, any AO will wang you. :rolleyes:

Everything else I "know" comes from reading stuff on Crysis 3: I did also find this one guy, whom mods Crysis 3, whom thinks any pre-Nehalem must have a e_LODRatio of 6 or less: That seems to equate to an Environment of medium.

Yes: Not all the sliders match up between Crysis 3 and MW:O, and until I hit the thing with Environment, I would have said "all the important sliders do." :(

I can set a framerate limiter to 35 and do a good looking game with a stable fps … Only 35 damages what little ability to shoot light 'Mechs I have.

Set everything to low and up the limiter? Get drops … :D

There is some advice to swap out my video card for something older/ smaller: I might even take it, if'n I though we'd have to wait 'till X-mas for anything DX11 to come along …

#10 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostStainlessSR, on 13 September 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

This has been discussed with just this processor in this thread

This game is very processor bound. When they went to 12v12 they added 8 more mechs that your cpu had to keep track of and your card may have to render. In testing grounds there are only a few mechs (much less than in a full match) and the mechs do not move so there is very little tracking of them required (cpu tracks to be able to determine if they need to be rendered or not).

Yeah, I forgot that Cryengine uses CPU based physics, instead of NVIDIA PHYSX, or other GPU based physics, so it lags your processor, which is pretty lame for a cutting-edge graphics engine. I guess freeing up resources would help.

#11 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

i'm using a I720QM, 5870mobile, I was getting bad frame drops, until I discovered if I put the cpu in turbo mode, put all my advanced settings in game to low except the textures which is on high, the game will run in the about 39-60 fps. depending on the map. dunno if this will help since you have a AMD cpu.

Edited by SgtMagor, 13 September 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#12 Vandruis

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Also ****** FPS drops. especially when I trigger Thermal Vision...

Radeon 7970
i7-970 at 3.9GHz
16GB RAM

#13 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostVandruis, on 13 September 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Also ****** FPS drops. especially when I trigger Thermal Vision...

Radeon 7970
i7-970 at 3.9GHz
16GB RAM

have you tried the latest drivers, their beta but I had no problems with them. AMD hadn't released a whql driver since may iirc. http://www.guru3d.co...)_download.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users