- - - - -

Why My Triple Ac2 Goes Overheat After 20 Shots?

6 replies to this topic

#1 GMAK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

FIrst 20 shots are normal, not much heat, than come a mad heat from the next shot and than I need to cooldown? What is this? Gohst heat?

#2 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Nope. Ghost heat only affects AC2s when they are fired in groups of 4 or more. It's something else.

#3 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Depends how have you got them grouped?

Group fire won't overheat it, chainfiring them all in one group shouldn't pull ghost heat. But if you're set up a group fire and chainfire groups and hitting both at once or macroing them such that one of the AC2's is clipping in before the 0.52 reset of another... well then ghost heat furballs out of control.

In essence 'working as intended'... they broke the ac2 via heat to break macro users of it, and it's really killed having more then 2 AC2's at a time on any mech. Still doesn't stop the macro warriors using UAC5 fastfire or slaving Guass and PPC's together... it's a shallow system with too much negative and not much positive.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Are you firing them with a fancy group?

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2720522

View Postdaemur, on 03 September 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Concerning AC2's and Heat:

Here four cases are shown in which the user is firing multiple AC2's.

Posted Image

In Case 1:
The user fires 2 AC2's in the same group with chain fire. The shots fire in .52 second intervals. No heat penalty occurs.

In Case 2:
The user fires 3 AC's in the same weapon group without chain fire. The shots are fired in .52 second intervals and three at a time. No heat penalty occurs.

In Case 3:
The user fires 2 AC2's in the same group with chain fire as well as a third AC2 without chainfire in a separate weapon group. The shots are fired from Weapons 1 and 2 at a .52 second interval and with Weapon 3 firing .1 seconds after the first AC2 and .42 seconds before the last. Heat penalties begin to occur with the fourth shot (See Heat Penalty below).

In Case 4:
The user fires 3 AC2's in separate groups and in succession all without chain fire. The shots fire .1 seconds after one another and leave a .32 second interval between "volleys."

Heat Penalty (And why this is happening):
Case 1 - The user has generated 11 heat (ignoring dissipation) within 5.72 seconds and fired 12 shots - No heat penalty
Case 2 - The user has generated 33 heat (ignoring dissipation) within 5.72 seconds and fired 36 shots - No heat penalty
Case 3 - The user has generated 72 heat (ignoring dissipation) within 2.7 seconds and fired 12 shots - Heat penalty
Case 4 - The user has generated 72 heat (ignoring dissipation) within 1.76 seconds and fired 12 shots - Heat penalty

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING:
Weapons of the same type, to which heat penalty applies, require .51 seconds between shots in order to avoid being counted toward the total number fired at one time. As shown above, and due to their short cooldown, if the user staggers the firing of AC2's they will continue to fire within the .51 second window causing the total shots fired to increase with each shot. While the multiplier applied to the heat of the AC2 is relatively low, the overall effect of firing a constant stream of bullets can be significant.

TL;DR:
The system is working as intended. In the example s made in comments and videos by these posts users often show AC2's being fired in succession and in separate weapon groups. Similar fire rates may be obtained by grouping the weapons together and firing with their natural cooldown or with chainfire, however attempting to stagger the weapons and fire in a continuous stream will often result in a significant heat penalty.

P.S. According to design, the AC2 Global Heat Multiplier is under revision.

Cheers,
daemur

#5 XANi

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostDalziel Hasek Davion, on 04 September 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Nope. Ghost heat only affects AC2s when they are fired in groups of 4 or more. It's something else.

That is how it should work, instead at certain combinations of fire (especially when they are de-synchronized) you can get to insane heat penalties.

I still dont get why there is a heat penalty on AC/2 (dat 8 alpha from shooting 4 at once) but would be nice if it was finally fixed...

#6 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Also running 2 ac2s on each arm of my Jager.

Seems weird I have to fire them in a certain cadence to get the heat to jump exponentially, If i fire them near simultaneously it doesn't do it, and if i fire them just a little slower it doesn't do it. I think its strange that my 3 UAC5s generate no heat, but this would occasionally overheat me out of nowhere.

This need to be predictable, I don't care how they do it, heat shouldn't jump just because I fire them a particular way.

34 damage before overheat, and thats spread out over something like 4 seconds, this shouldn't be an issue with them being over powered, considering the weight and ammo it takes to run them.

#7 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

They've said the heat penalties for AC2s are under review, but if you just fire them all at the same time you won't get any penalty at all. Honestly, it's better to fire them simultaneously anyway because then each bullet will hit the same spot on the mech instead of spreading the damage over several components.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users