Allow Players To Reconnect To A Match

11 replies to this topic

#1 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Please allow players to reconnect to a match if they are disconnected. For some reason MWO crashes frequently for me while loading into a drop. I've been trying for months to figure out what causes these crashes but have resigned to just live with the persistent issues. It would be a really nice feature if a disconnected player could rejoin the game and help out their team.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

they've already said they were thinking of doing this. However, bringing it up again I think is a good idea, I myself am still waiting for them to do this.....since my game crashes at the start of a match every once in a while.

#3 mualmoli

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

Reconnect and use a different mech. It will become available after the match is over.

#4 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

View Postmualmoli, on 08 September 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

Reconnect and use a different mech. It will become available after the match is over.

yes you can do that, very true. However, i believe pwnface was suggesting to re-enter a match that's already started. I know a lot of other online games have implemented this idea with huge success and with great satisfaction to their players. In MWO, we all hate it when we start a match and 2 or 3 of our teamates disconnect right off the bat, making the match already unbalanced. Usually it's because their client crashed and they have to open up the client again. To have the ability to quickly reconnect to a match would make a lot of people happy, i think, and would decrease (at least to some part) the number of unequal matches.

#5 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

That is exactly what I am suggesting! Would this really be that hard to implement? It would be really awesome if someone from PGI could give some kind of response regarding this.

#6 Arcadinal

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

Yup, would very much like to reconnect implemented asap

#7 Foxdie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 109 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Agreed. LOL can do it. MWO can do it. GO GO

#8 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

it has become almost a joke in our teamspeak to say goodbye pwnface when the inevitable "user timed out" happens every other match. would be nice to be able to have him rejoin lol

#9 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

View Postpwnface, on 13 September 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

That is exactly what I am suggesting! Would this really be that hard to implement? It would be really awesome if someone from PGI could give some kind of response regarding this.

back in one of their upcoming content updates they said that they were already exploring the possibility of rejoining a match after disconnection.....and that was it, they haven't said anything since, I'm not sure why.

#10 Johnny Jihaad

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

YEA GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!

or do you want the shake weights to come out??

Edited by Johnny Jihaad, 13 September 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#11 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

This was a huge problem in Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty, because all games, even ones taking place from sound-booth studios to a live audience all had to be connected online regardless, and games have had to be re-started, or go into judging if they ended prematurely do to connection loss. Not until the expansion, Heart of the Swarm was it possible for players to re-join and resume their place back into a suspended game. There has been vastly less upsetting bs in the competetive arena since this change. It is very hard to take this game serious in a competetive sense when there are so many 11vs12 games or worse happening.

I will say that the crashes themselves are the issue most the time, but no amount of crash-free builds can prevent the occaisional lapse in internet or lag storm which can happen to people. If it happens at a bad time, that's tough luck, but the ability to at least attempt to reconnect and get back into the seat of an otherwise downed-for-bs-reasons 'mech would be a tremendous bolster to game satisfied. It only needs to happen to one person out of 24 for a victory to feel fleeting and a loss to feel unsurprising.

I'm not saying that you can't win with 11 people, nor am I saying that a disconnected player is always the cause of a loss, but it leaves behind a seed of doubt that stinks rancid of unfairness which doesn't belong in anything competetive. I want to know for sure that neither team was handicapped, and being disappointed in this manner happens very frequently in the current state of the game and I hope that development time is being put in to remedy this in the form of getting a way for pilots to re-connect into in-progress matches.

#12 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Add it to the list is what they'll do. Along w/re-addition of collisions, UI2.0, CW's, fixing hit detection/boxes, lobby, dx11, and the list goes on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users