- - - - -

Quick Noob Question Re Mc/cbills

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sykocis

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Hey, just started playing and having really good fun.

I've thrashed out a few matches with the trial mechs and pooled up a bunch of cbills.

Tonight I excitedly browsed through the selections of mechs available and made a purchase.

I started looking at customizing the weapons etc I want.

Problem: From what I can see EVERY weapon/ammo/equipment etc requires MC to purchase.
This seems odd because all the tutorials I read and youtube vids I watch all seem to indicate that cbills can be used to purchase weapons.

Am I missing something?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks all for your help!

Posted Image

#2 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

With MC, you can buy some modules, mech, and any visual mod such as paint or cockpit items (statue and others).

If you want to grab some loadouts, you need CB.

Edited by gamemania666, 07 September 2013 - 02:58 AM.

#3 MetalCanyon

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

Note the "CB" before all those prices, NOT "MC". ;) CB stands for C-Bills.

Go ahead and buy them. You can buy mechs and all weapons/engines as well as upgrades and consumables with c-bills.

#4 Hellboy561

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, United Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Currently weapons and ammo are only purchasable using the currency you earn by playing (C-Bills)

MC the paid currency is used to purchase mechs (if you don't want to save up the C-Bills) Hero Mechs, Premium Time, and can be used for camo specs and other little things ;)
I think the reason in your screenshot that all of the weapons and ammo are in red (therefore you cannot put them onto your mech) is because you haven't "stripped" off enough tonnage on the Mech to place the desired equipment onto it.

I would suggest using http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab to look at Mech builds before commiting to it in game.

See you on the battlefield.

#5 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

That 0 you're looking at means you have 0 of that item currently in your inventory.

Edited by Mr Titian, 07 September 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

View PostSykocis, on 07 September 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

Posted Image

As your picture shows, you can only purchase components with CB which is Cbills. The reason all those are red is because you can't put them on your mech. Since you have a ballistic hardpoint available in your arm as displayed, more than likely, you are at max tonnage so it won't let you drag a weapon onto your mech. Take out the SRM4 and see if you can now put it back in along with an SRM2 or SSRM2. I bet it will let you buy them then :D

You see, you can't just buy components if you can't actually use them on the mech you are editing. Maybe with UI 2.0 you will be able to do this.

#7 Earl White

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Aye you only have certain hardpoints on your mech, so you can't fit 2 missile weapons on your arm if it just has 1 missile hardpoint. Take off the SRM and it should say there is Dynamic Structure Slot there, this is where you can fit heatsinks, and weapons. I think you can store ammo in the Empty ones, but nothing else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users