Non-English "popular Forum Topics" V2

Suggestion

1 reply to this topic

#1 Balu0

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Looks like everyone misunderstand my previous request.

So Here I go again. I want a language selector, a FILTER, so I see only the chosen language topic. If want.

I'M NOT REQUESTING REMOVING NON ENGLISH "popular Forum Topics" FFS... WHY WOULD I?

I just want a filter! I want to see the most popular English topics, not just 1 odd topic lurking among the others I (and lot of other ppl) cant read.

I can speak 2 languages, my own and English. I bet there are some ppl who can speak 3 or even 4.

BUT there are 4 different language topics on the main web page right now!!!!

Do you get it ?

It is useful for NO ONE.. just the odd guy who can speak 4 languages... (can you ? )

And btw it doesn't look too good marketing in either.

#2 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I would beg to differ that it's useful to anyone whom can read languages. The very nature of the internet is the inclusiveness of anyone who likes MechWarrior to join up and drop with us. Because they end up getting popular topics on our home page doesn't mean we should compartmentalize them by language typed instead of by popularity for which they are sorted as of now.

Adding a dropdown to that box would changes its intended meaning of Popular Topics to Popular Topics in <Language> which is not what we had intended in the first place. So while a good idea in practice; I don't think this will happen. Again the fix remains to go forth and create amazing topics in English.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users