Fixed Teams Possible?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmage61

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

HI folks,

I would first like to apologize to anyone who get stuck with me on a team, I'm an old guy, disabled vet with one arm that only kind of works, and the other, well I did say old right. I have a lot of fun even dying. Been waiting for something like this from the time first I played the BattleTech pen and paper game.

What I am wondering is can you pick a team, or a lance before the game starts? Any way to play with the same folks over and over?

Also, what is up with the in game VOIP?

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

To create a group, select Social > Group > Create Group in the MWO client. After creating a group, you can invite people on your friend list (Social > Friends) to join you.

In-game VOIP does not work at the moment. To get talking, you need to set up a separate application. For example, use TeamSpeak to log in to the NGNG TeamSpeak server.

#3 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Teamspeak is a very popular option for voice chat. I strongly recommend downloadint it (free) going to the NGNG server, and grouping up. Solo drops are a frustrating and lonely road. Just give them a heads up that you are new. Most people will be glad to show you the ropes.

You can make groups or 2-4, with the rest of your team being random. PGI plans to allow more in the future. The only other option at this time is a full 12 man group, which is an entirely different game than PuG drops. I'd recommend against those as you learn the ropes.

#4 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

No need to apologize and welcome aboard!

(and those of us of all ages can enjoy big stompy robot like mechs :D )

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 07 September 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#5 Nightmage61

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Thanks guys. I got connected on TS, just checked to make sure it is working. I will drop in later and look for pointers.

#6 k0sh

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Also when we are on it, are Dev's doing something to help colorblind people? I'm not one of them but I know it's common issue.

#7 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hey Nightmage61, saw you come into the TS. Welcome onboard, ask any question you feel like. The new player section is real good. :)

If you want to check out mech builds, there is only one place for it. http://www.mechspecs.com We utilize Smurfy's http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab, the best building tool outside the game. Since you joined in Sept, I am wondering if you have spent the first 10 million CB's? If you want, plenty of ppl who can give you feedback on builds.

#8 Nightmage61

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostLan, on 07 September 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Hey Nightmage61, saw you come into the TS. Welcome onboard, ask any question you feel like. The new player section is real good. :)

If you want to check out mech builds, there is only one place for it. http://www.mechspecs.com We utilize Smurfy's http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab, the best building tool outside the game. Since you joined in Sept, I am wondering if you have spent the first 10 million CB's? If you want, plenty of ppl who can give you feedback on builds.

Thanks Lan. I found a group to hang and play with. It's a lot more fun when you have your lance on TS.

I have 2 Mechs that I have bought, A hunchback and a Jenner. I waisted a lot of cash selling my first Jenner and trading for a spider. That was a bad move for me. I ended up selling the spider and buying the Jenner back. I have maxed out my basic line on both the hunchback and the Jenner, I managed to just tonight buy my 2nd of the 3 Jenners I need for the master skills. Once I get enough I will get my 2nd Hunchback.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users