Grant Small Amount Of Mc Per Match To Help Counter The Gxp Grind

44 replies to this topic

#41 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have payed 100 Dollar for MC and 110 Dollar for Overlord + Saber Package. With that 100 Dollars for MC i could easy buy all Module Skills and some Mechs, Colors, Camos... The double exchange for GXP like we have it to tuesday makes it soooooooooo cheap to buy all you want for nearly nothing.

#42 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostGalen Crayn, on 15 September 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I have payed 100 Dollar for MC and 110 Dollar for Overlord + Saber Package. With that 100 Dollars for MC i could easy buy all Module Skills and some Mechs, Colors, Camos... The double exchange for GXP like we have it to tuesday makes it soooooooooo cheap to buy all you want for nearly nothing.

That's hardly a counter argument about this suggestion though, and again you're just evading what I'm trying to say. Read my last post again please.

#43 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

All I'm saying is that the free grind should be toned down a little compared to the payed one, because right now, it is too extreme.

Ok, lets see. To get mechs with grinding is quite easy. Ok, after 4 mechs you have to buy a mechbay. Costs 300MC - so you have to buy the lowest package for 6.95 Dollar with 1250 MC. Lets say you buy 3 mechbays for 900 MC and the rest of the MC you spent in GXP conversion. You will get 17.000 GXP for it, enough to buy 3 of the cheaper Module skills.

I understand what you say - but the gxp exchange and the bayslots are the only must haves. With them the rest is easy grindable. So if somebody dont want to pay anything - this are the must pay things for minimum. So they make sure that EVERY player pays at least 6.95 Dollar.

Without the GXP exchange there are only the mechslots that are a must have. So i can understand why they make it SO difficult to grind...

Edited by Galen Crayn, 15 September 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#44 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostGalen Crayn, on 15 September 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Ok, lets see. To get mechs with grinding is quite easy. Ok, after 4 mechs you have to buy a mechbay. Costs 300MC - so you have to buy the lowest package for 6.95 Dollar with 1250 MC. Lets say you buy 3 mechbays for 900 MC and the rest of the MC you spent in GXP conversion. You will get 17.000 GXP for it

How are you counting exactly? Because that's totally wrong. The normal conversation cost is 1 MC for 25 XP, and 1 XP = 1 GXP. So 1250 - 900 = 350, and 350 * 25 = 8750 GXP. That's only enough to buy the cheapest unlocks and not the ones I'm talking about in my main post ! Don't forget the current conversion rate is temporary only (the 1 MC for 50 XP deal ends soon).

And by your post you pretty much confirmed what I'm saying too. Without spending real cash to get MC in order to convert XP into GXP, the grind to get that same amount of GXP simply from wins (5% of total XP in each match) is just insanely unreasonable.

I'd be curious to see someone reply in this post claiming he accumulated 15,000 GXP only from match XP and never ever converted any 'Mech XP into GXP. I'd bet you a lot that nobody ever did.

#45 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Unfortunately for MWO, the producers have decided to go with a "Free-to-Play" business model. As a consequence game play will always suffer so players will spend money to avoid frustrating game play. The issue you're citing is simply a result of that problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users