Suggestion

11 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom Limb

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationBeyond The Wall

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Just a suggestion.....

Why not have a screen shot of each mech displaying the different camos? Seems a good way to advertise new (and old) patterns. Especially the ones that look different on each chassis. Assuming I have the mech, I know I can look at the pattern in the mech lab, but I had a couple of instances where I didn't know I wanted the pattern until I saw it on a chassis that I didn't even own.

Seems simple enough to implement. Comments?

#2 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

They don't really have time (benefit of the doubt) to take screenshots with release coming up in 9 days, that's why they stopped their weekly screenshots.

#3 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

View Post101011, on 08 September 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

They don't really have time (benefit of the doubt) to take screenshots with release coming up in 9 days, that's why they stopped their weekly screenshots.

They don't have time to do something which would make them sell a lot more product? Should maybe reprioritize their time allocation. Or maybe get one of their moderators/community interaction type people to do it.

Not to mention that they have explicitly confirmed that launch is going to be just another patch, nothing special about it. They don't really need to be crunching to get it done.

Edited by aniviron, 08 September 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#4 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

View Postaniviron, on 08 September 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

They don't have time to do something which would make them sell a lot more product? Should maybe reprioritize their time allocation. Or maybe get one of their moderators/community interaction type people to do it.

Not to mention that they have explicitly confirmed that launch is going to be just another patch, nothing special about it. They don't really need to be crunching to get it done.

Well, there is the CW release stuff at launch, as well as the reviewers, possible Clan discussion, etc. at launch. There is stuff to get done. In regards to their time allocation...well, they wasted time on 3PV, consumables, and who knows what else while we still don't even have CW, so...yes, they need better time allocation.

#5 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

The web admin should have time no doubt, I mean I haven't really seen much in way of improvement since the original release and some fixes. Unless they have a developer also maintaining the site (which is not out of the question) in which case it's understandable they don't have time to update the site.

#6 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Post101011, on 08 September 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Well, there is the CW release stuff at launch, as well as the reviewers, possible Clan discussion, etc. at launch. There is stuff to get done. In regards to their time allocation...well, they wasted time on 3PV, consumables, and who knows what else while we still don't even have CW, so...yes, they need better time allocation.

But they're not the ones reviewing the game, so they don't have to put any work into that themselves. The "CW release stuff" and clan discussions are just that- they're no longer actually promising us any content, they're promising that if we're very good, they will tell us about the content someday in the future. I'd like to hope that they already know enough about the CW system and clans that they've been developing for over a year now that they can tell us about them without too much work having to be put into it.

Oh, and they said they would tell us about those things at the launch party, not at launch. So we actually won't hear anything until Sep. 26. Launch, on Sep. 17, is nothing.

#7 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostPhantom Limb, on 08 September 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Just a suggestion.....

Why not have a screen shot of each mech displaying the different camos? Seems a good way to advertise new (and old) patterns. Especially the ones that look different on each chassis. Assuming I have the mech, I know I can look at the pattern in the mech lab, but I had a couple of instances where I didn't know I wanted the pattern until I saw it on a chassis that I didn't even own.

Seems simple enough to implement. Comments?

Agreed. I want to be able to see what every mech looks like in phranken, why? Because it's cool and unique to each mech type. (So is buccaneer but I'm not as interested in that). The highlander tiger seems different to all the other tigers I've seen in that it more closely replicates a tigers coat pattern while the others are just tiger=stripey. I am very interested to know what other mechs paint schemes look like, and I would buy a mech (c-bills, but would need more bays) just to buy a camo for it if I thought it looked awesome (in fact I did buy the ravens for the phranken - lol its a bird skeleton looks so funny/cute).

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

I don't think this is necessary.
1. It would not be a web admin's job. Their job is to maintain the site. Just because they don't radically change things doesn't mean they don't do a lot of work (true of all tech jobs).
2. There are forum threads that post a host of camos.
3. Some people complain about how much advertising they see already regarding mechs, camos, mc, etc.
4. To do a screenshot of EVERY mech in EVERY camo is way too much! Not to mention colors.
5. Those who are planning to buy a camo at all are probably going to expore different options and camos before they do. Picking out your own on your own adds to the experience.
6. Most people buy mechs based on how they play, not what they look like in a particular camo.
7. Why don't you do this yourself?

#9 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 09 September 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

I don't think this is necessary.
Nor do I but It would be nice.

1. It would not be a web admin's job. Their job is to maintain the site. Just because they don't radically change things doesn't mean they don't do a lot of work (true of all tech jobs).
No one said it was, and I agree it isn't their job.

3. Some people complain about how much advertising they see already regarding mechs, camos, mc, etc.
These people are silly because this is how free2play works.

4. To do a screenshot of EVERY mech in EVERY camo is way too much! Not to mention colors.
Ignore colours; use ones indicative of the pattern.

5. Those who are planning to buy a camo at all are probably going to expore different options and camos before they do. Picking out your own on your own adds to the experience.
I have no idea what you're saying here.

6. Most people buy mechs based on how they play, not what they look like in a particular camo.
Some don't; hence this thread.

7. Why don't you do this yourself?
This point is illogical since we want to see the camo before buying the mech. (Although, I could start one with what mechs I do have and ask people for the others... Sounds like a good idea...)

2. There are forum threads that post a host of camos.
These nearly always have the images removed/moved error messages.

Edited by GrandLocomon, 09 September 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#10 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

(Number of mechs 75)^(number of camos 15)^(number of colour slots 3)^(number of colours 139)+hero mechs+PC Gamer Camo=number of screenshots
((75^15)^3)^139=10^(10^(10^(10^1.821643564123552)))

Go count all grains of sand on every beach, then let us talk about your "ideas".

#11 Phantom Limb

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationBeyond The Wall

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostKarenai, on 09 September 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

(Number of mechs 75)^(number of camos 15)^(number of colour slots 3)^(number of colours 139)+hero mechs+PC Gamer Camo=number of screenshots

Go count all grains of sand on every beach, then let us talk about your "ideas".

Wow, not sure how to take this......

Let me "count" a few things for you.

Number of chassis in the game: 20
Number of camos for sale: 14
14 x 20 = 280

That would take someone what, an afternoon to do? Even as the number of mechs and patterns increase, it is still well within the realm of possibility. No need to go to extremes and be absolutely complete in order to be useful.

#12 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostKarenai, on 09 September 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

Camo spec, not camo spec in every possible colour combination. For the phranken, cobra and buccaneer, it's easy; only show it in the associated colours. The others will require some choice, but the point is to show the pattern not every possible colour combination.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users