7 replies to this topic

#1 Candun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts
  • Locationpotland oilgon

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

my kid started playing yesterday and i imedeatly thought why dont new players start off with a little money like other FTP games? it would be more incentive for the new people to continue to play.if they started with 5 mil c-bills would be enough for them to buy a low to mid lvl mech or make it easyer for them to save up for a bigger mech and would give them the addictive joy of playing in the lab sooner.for those of us that have played mech games before starting from scratch isnt all that rough. but new people that have never played a mech game? saving up for that first mech could be a bit of a challenge and they might not continue to play long enough to get one

Edited by Candun, 08 September 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#2 Earl White

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Saving up for the first mech isn't a challenge, saving up for the 2nd mech is because you don't have the cadet bonus (about 8 million cbills for the first 25 games)

#3 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

The first 25 matches played gives you 8m CB plus whatever else you manage to earn. This is enough time to learn a map or two, try out the trial mechs, do some spectating, and learn to drive and shoot your Mech. It doesn't seem that awful really.

#4 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

cadet bonus stacks with the redeemable free day of premium time at the download page.

Edited by EyeDie I, 08 September 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#5 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

If you're so worried, have a new account started for your kid the next day they want to play a long session. Redeem the free premium time before you start any matches, and let your kid play as much as he/she wants to. If you use the premium time before you start any matches, and get all of the cadet bonuses, you'll net yourself an extra 4 million C-Bills.

#6 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

As an adscititious note, a hero mech of your offspring's choice is one of the necessary purchases! From my own personal standpoint, slow-moving mechs are the choice. Heavy Metal is very versatile, and I would, if I had the appropriate pecuniary means, opt for it along with mech bays for the rest of the credits.

And worry not, I have starting my player's "career" when I was five, and the process of playing was most important for me: I could submerge into a single game for fourteen hours without any regard toward rewards.

Edited by lunticasylum, 10 September 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostCandun, on 08 September 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

my kid started playing yesterday and i imedeatly thought why dont new players start off with a little money like other FTP games? it would be more incentive for the new people to continue to play.

Supposedly, once UI 2.0 and the tutorial are in MWO, trial mechs are being completely removed and so is the cadet bonus. In its place is one large lump sum of almost 8 mil cbills at the completion of the tutorial.

#8 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

View PostKoniving, on 10 September 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Supposedly, once UI 2.0 and the tutorial are in MWO, trial mechs are being completely removed and so is the cadet bonus. In its place is one large lump sum of almost 8 mil cbills at the completion of the tutorial.

This is weird. I never needed a tutorial, and completing it would be a drag for me. I just read through the basic controls to understand the most of the game. Rewarding for tutorials is just inappropriate. It is like giving a prize for starting to skate instead of waiting till the real rink competitions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users