#21 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I understand the need for this.
But would like to have the forum posting rights of recruits extended to these section as well:
International
Off-Topic
Community Hyperpulse Generator

#22 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostJestun, on 11 September 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

which forums recruits can post on are detailed in the faq forum thread: http://mwomercs.com/...01#entry2736701

thanks

#23 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 09 September 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Please tell us what you think of the most recent changes:

Looks like just more standard IGP/PGI "damage control" to me. More ways to keep the "island dwellers" under control until the White Knights among the newcomers can get their legs under them. ;)

View PostJestun, on 11 September 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Personally I think that once the beta tag is lifted the forums should be redesigned anyway.

Oh, I'm sure they will be.

I'm just as sure that it'll be like the last major forum overhaul- you know, with lots of threads that could be embarrassing being moved to the darkest corners, if not removed completely. Or maybe as always, they'll just get shipped off to K-Town as usual. Well...except that nobody can find K-Town any more for some reason. :rolleyes:

Edited by Alois Hammer, 12 September 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#24 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

K-Town and Deep Periphery were merged.

Would you like to see the Deep Periphery and Kaetetoa merged?
Yes, these are redundant. (95 votes [35.32%] - View)
No, each serves a purpose. (52 votes [19.33%] - View)
Abstain. (122 votes [45.35%] - View)

http://mwomercs.com/...school-edition/

#25 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 10 September 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

The changes can be harsh, but as the game approaches launch it is time to put the final touches to take this game from the lab to the street.
Our Baby is all grown up now. :)

So I'm guessing from 3Xtr3m3's 'Recruit' forum tag, (s)he's been here since February of last year, +530 posts, but played less than 25 games?

#26 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 12 September 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

So I'm guessing from 3Xtr3m3's 'Recruit' forum tag, (s)he's been here since February of last year, +530 posts, but played less than 25 games?

He says you guess right.
And lets not poke that particular bear.
Thanks.

#27 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 12 September 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

He says you guess right.
And lets not poke that particular bear.
Thanks.

Let's do.

Your games played has a massive impact on the validity of your posts and opinions... just sayin'

#28 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 13 September 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Let's do.

Your games played has a massive impact on the validity of your posts and opinions... just sayin'

I agree.

However I should point out there are things which are more valid with a recruit tag too, such as new player / first impressions type feedback.

#29 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostJestun, on 13 September 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

I agree.

However I should point out there are things which are more valid with a recruit tag too, such as new player / first impressions type feedback.

Yeah, feels really off that there are people with hundreds to thousand forum posts about game balance who have not even played the game for 25 matches...

#30 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostGrrzoot, on 11 September 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

have you actually made a new account since this change was implemented to see?

No, I did not make a new account. I dislike making several accounts "just because". That's why I asked "So exactly what can they see?". The question is see, not post.

I don't know if by playing 25 games a player would immediately stops feeling overloaded by seeing more sub-forums. It's more making 15 posts and thus learn the way of this forum. It's playing 25 games!

Edited by Zphyr, 14 September 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#31 Scromboid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I am thinking this is so that reviewing game companies cannot get in and read any of the forums where us members who have been around for a while find reasons to complain.

This is sort of censorship to keep brand new players from seeing the actual state of the game before they invest time and money into it.

#32 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostScromboid, on 18 September 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

I am thinking this is so that reviewing game companies cannot get in and read any of the forums where us members who have been around for a while find reasons to complain.

This is sort of censorship to keep brand new players from seeing the actual state of the game before they invest time and money into it.

I can view any of the existing forums while not logged in. It's posting rights that are affected.

#33 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 11 September 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Censorship is a bad sign. Always is.

View PostKraven Kor, on 11 September 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

This is not censorship.

It is a futile attempt to herd cats, and newbies are getting tossed under the boss to silence the morons who think they are accomplishing anything by spamming on fake newbie accounts to create an illusion of consensus.

First, the first part of what Kraven said.

Second, the newbies are not being blocked from the forums. They are blocked from many of the sub forums, but have access to New Player etc.

Also, bitching when people make positive changes, even if they are lackluster in your opinion, is rarely a good way to encourage them to continue to make said changes or listen to you.

#34 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostScromboid, on 18 September 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

It reveals a lot about the complainers that they think people can't draw their own opinions about the game without being prompted about what to hate first.

#35 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

I'd rather see a block on IP's on the forums if all your trying to do is prevent double accounts. You can sign up for as many in-game accounts as you want but only have one forum account per IP addy. I just don't see what limiting new players on the forums accomplishes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users