1 reply to this topic

#1 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Short intro.

I'm Villz and I play for a unit called DV8 regarded as 1 of the top teir units currently playing.

We were season 1 champions of LMS league and continued onto a 13 match win streak all the way through to Season 2 even defeating the team who went on to win Season 2(Antares Scorpions) 8-2 On the 1st map before withdrawing from the league due to conflicts with the admins.

Here are my 3 most recent Gameplay videos showing Large Laser Play, 3PPC Gauss Highlander Jumpsniping Pre Nerf And Post Nerf.

Hopefully you can learn something mostly through the positioning i take and how i use cover.

If you don't Like EDM and House music just mute it or play your own over it :)

I recommend watching them on youtube in 1080p. All are uploaded in very high quality

Large Laser Stalker Play.

Pre Nerf PPC Gauss Play

Post Nerf PPC Gauss Play

Edited by Villz, 10 September 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#2 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Also Note These games aren't hand picked and are just some of the better games i played over 2 hr game sessions purely for the purpose of making the video's showing me playing through select builds.

And i do play from Austrailia so i am leading my shots from where i actually want to deal damage to compensate for my very high ping (270 or so)

Of particular importance is to notice what shots i chose to take And mostly watching how i position my mech to take those shots. (IMO the most underated concept in playing this game)

The general premise is to deal more damage than you recieve. AKA trading well

This is accomplished in the Large Laser video by using ridge lines and cover to take 1 on 1 engagements even amongst a group skirmish (eg using the dropship on frozen city). And accomplished by working corners or using JJ's over cover in the highlander PPC Gauss Video.

Hopefully you can take something away from it.

Also if enough interest is shown i could perhaps do a session with player commentary on why i'm doing what when but i won't waste my time unless people want it.

Edited by Villz, 10 September 2013 - 07:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users