- - - - -

Concerning Things I've Noticed So Far

20 replies to this topic

#21 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostRiotHero, on 11 September 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

As a newb I've noticed a few things. The first is that there really isn't any strategy involved in this game.

Because this is a beta. The game is only Team Deathmatch right now. Most people playing have no team for more than one game, and no incentive to fight for a given goal. Community Warfare will introduce a persistent campaign, which in turn will introduce goals other than killing stuff. Which itself will require strategy.

This is not the real game yet. This is just a component of the real game.

The second thing is spotting is basically useless. I was excited about setting up my light mech for a scout role but, there is no point. I will flank their whole team, scout the biggest slowest most exposed guy from behind and missiles never arrive.

...because this is Team Deathmatch. You are not playing with the same people each game. So it is a lot more chaotic. CW will change that.

People do not spot because there is not much reward for it right now. CW will change that. Team victories will start to matter as much or more than individual victories.

I guess, I'm just used to military style fps games where squads, tactics, flanking, rotating, and scouting are very important to a win.

Maybe. This is not that. This is Quake with mechs.

But it won't always be that way. It's a work in progress, CW is coming, and fairly soon, like within a few months.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users