Thank You Alex Iglesias

13 replies to this topic

#1 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

You as the Lead Designer of MWO are most of the time in the background but I want to thank you for your good work. The new Phoenix Mechs are very nice but the Wolverine - my favorite Mech - is great. We have talked earlier about the concept in this forum and you have done something really special to the Wolverine: the legs. Wonderful bulky as it has to be and the space between the legs is not so wide as the space between the rest of the mechs. With that your concept of the wolverine is worth to be told "Wolverine". Thanks for that! Hope that the finished Mech will follow your concept scetches. Only the typical Laser on the head is missing and his ammunition bag, but as a compromise it is quite good.

PS: One of the best threads ever in this forum http://mwomercs.com/...-pgi-wolverine/

PSS: Wouldnt it be possible to add the Laser above his cockpit?^^

Edited by Galen Crayn, 11 September 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

why? If you are such a Wolverine fan, it's ALWAYS been below the cockpit.

#3 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, but the last "good" picture of the Wolverine was an early Clan upgrade, before they had Omni-mechs. The Wolverine II.

Posted Image

However, I am much happier that they're sticking to the classic look as much as possible. It looks like a Wolverine, but much improved over the original Japanese anime look.

#4 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

yeah he does listen :)

and the griffin is a lot less blocky (actually both the saber mechs are nonblocky, using more slopes instead of straight 90* etc) . First mech to have a spherical cockpit

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 11 September 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

yeah he does listen :)

and the griffin is a lot less blocky (actually both the saber mechs are nonblocky, using more slopes instead of straight 90* etc) . First mech to have a spherical cockpit

I love the Phoenix Griffin. Dunno if I'll love the hitbox or the hardpoints in the long run, but love the art.

#6 Aeolus Drift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

I agree, of all the people working for PGI at this point. I think Alex deserves a very special round of applause when launch time comes. Alex, if not for you and your designs, this game would still be only on talked about on rumor boards. You have done your work with dignity, with dedication, and diligence. In light of this, I believe that you do indeed deserve not just our thanks, but our applause. three cheers to you and the art team, Hip-hip....

#7 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

P.S. I am against the "pistol" weapons you see a lot in the artwork of old mechs, a legacy of their Anime origins.

I am much happier seeing the weapons that were hand held guns now are bolted to the forearms of the mech.

I just wish the Thunderbolt large laser was on the side of the arm and not below it. I don't like it when my laser shoots my hill I'm peaking up from instead of the enemy.

Has anybody else noticed that the Griffin and the Wolverine seem to have the same lower arm and gun, though? One is the autocannon, the other the PPC, but they look like the same arm.

#8 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

You know I think Alex is the only PGI employee with near a 100% approval rating. Alex for President!!

#9 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I still think they should program the laser point on the cockpit to be unique and "swivel" to where-ever the arm aim-point is.

#10 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

He does very, very good re-designs. I'm loving the look of all the Phoenix Mechs, and I especially love the Battlemaster/Griffin's cockpit designs.

#11 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hes a very talented guy,love all his redesign's and especially loving the phoenix mech's

#12 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 12 September 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

You know I think Alex is the only PGI employee with near a 100% approval rating. Alex for President!!

Hard to disagree with that.

#13 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

I still think they should program the laser point on the cockpit to be unique and "swivel" to where-ever the arm aim-point is.

I absolutely agree with you. Its a must have for even 1- the special phoenix design - Wolverine.

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 12 September 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

P.S. I am against the "pistol" weapons you see a lot in the artwork of old mechs, a legacy of their Anime origins.

I am much happier seeing the weapons that were hand held guns now are bolted to the forearms of the mech.

I just wish the Thunderbolt large laser was on the side of the arm and not below it. I don't like it when my laser shoots my hill I'm peaking up from instead of the enemy.

Has anybody else noticed that the Griffin and the Wolverine seem to have the same lower arm and gun, though? One is the autocannon, the other the PPC, but they look like the same arm.

Or get in the way of using the hand to actually... IDK grasp something? (Not a game issue, per se, just ..... a thing)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users