59 replies to this topic

#1 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

As many of you know, the other houses are getting organized. House Kurita has a website, Goonswarm and House Liao have formed a compact, House Davion outnumbers each of us, and mercenary corporations are popping up like mad. As one of the smaller Houses, we of House Marik must quickly organize and take root in the Inner Sphere of MW:O. On that note, I'm just about to set up a website for us. That way, we'll have a quick go-to point for organization and the action and state of the League.

Users of House Marik will be able to start a lance or combat company in the forums section. Just post a Lance Recruitment thread. You can find other lances to join there as well.

I'm working on the website via Enjin.com. If you have any desire to help the cause, do so and contact me. Once the site's up, put in the News & Announcements forum section.

Website: http://housemarik.enjin.com/home 100% brand new. Not quite polished up, but submit your application with your piloting information.

Wish list
  • Volunteer site admins (Only mature players, please)
  • Teamspeak server - Check. Aym has a 35-45 person Ventrilo server that can be employed.
  • A good forum signature

I want to make this clear. We are NOT trying to take control of House Marik. We're trying to give people a place to go to be unified. Neither I nor any admin on the site expects you to follow our orders as a superior; we simply manage the site and the site's forums. It's simply a rally point.

Edited by logicaltightrope, 17 June 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#2 Lord Mortak

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Just signed up on the Website. I have been waiting for someone to start organizing like this. I would have started something myself but I have no experience whatsoever in creating or maintaining a website. I believe there is at least one lance/group that has a website that I have seen advertised in the Marik Forum, http://w11.zetaboard...sveritas/index/. Maybe if we get at least them to sign up their lance to the website we might get the ball rolling.

As for any volunteering, I cannot guarantee huge amounts of time but am willing to help in any way I can, and I am a fast learner.

Thanks for setting this up by the way.

Edited by Lord Mortak, 14 June 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#3 soulfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I'm wondering if the game itself will organize house units when it starts. The game may bestow ranks on house players also so be aware. No ones knows for sure on anything yet. Cant hurt to organize.

#4 Lord Mortak

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

[color="#ffa504"]soulfire[/color]

Ok, but I don't think the OP is talking about a military structure/ranking just getting house players organized into lances who can play together. I don't have any friends that play video games so I don't currently have any lancemates, I don't want to go merc or lonewolf. I am sure there are others like me as well. So far beyond the Silent Foxes, I have seen no other house lance or group actively seeking members. I also see other houses who are much further along with this than Marik. It doesn't cost anything to sign into the OP's website either so what is the harm. Of course this is just my opinion and I am sure others are fine with waiting. More power to them, I just like the OP's idea.

thanks

#5 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostLord Mortak, on 14 June 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

[color=#ffa504]soulfire[/color]

Ok, but I don't think the OP is talking about a military structure/ranking just getting house players organized into lances who can play together. I don't have any friends that play video games so I don't currently have any lancemates, I don't want to go merc or lonewolf. I am sure there are others like me as well. So far beyond the Silent Foxes, I have seen no other house lance or group actively seeking members. I also see other houses who are much further along with this than Marik. It doesn't cost anything to sign into the OP's website either so what is the harm. Of course this is just my opinion and I am sure others are fine with waiting. More power to them, I just like the OP's idea.

thanks

Welcome to the site!

And I do believe that the game will have a structure to follow. I've seen in the community warfare blog that there will be commanders that tell which planets to attack, etc. This is a separate structure, just like you said, to get Marik players into the game without going alone. If the game has a House page built in, or something, then this website can go down and we can have the members switch over, but for the time being and just in case that isn't the case, I'm setting this up.

Also, I'll contact the Silent Foxes and try to get them to put their lance on the site. Also, if they advertise the site a little bit in these forums in their OP, I'm sure it'd help get the membership ball rolling.

If this doesn't work out, I'll just have to join a Merc corp. A House is a big structure to organize, but we can do our best.

#6 Sal Trebov

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Signed up and ready to go. ;)

#7 Lord Mortak

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

Sal

Spread the word and thanks for joining

#8 Moose13

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Why did we have to go to another site to organize with this one already here?

#9 Vander StarStrife

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

A lot more options with a separate website.
Can have private forums to organize strategy.
Easier to keep track of administrators.
Easier to organize lances.
Once you get a voice server set up you can access through the site.
Can talk builds and such without other houses peaking in .... etc etc

#10 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thanks everyone for signing up. This is starting to pick up steam.

We'll need administrators. If you're interested, go onto the forums on the FWL site and apply under 'Administration' subforum. Please, only mature administrators, and it's preferred that you're over about age 16, but it's fine if you're younger as long as you show you're mature.

Also, if you aren't in a lance and have no interest in starting one, please post your preferred combat role and 'Mechs/'Mech classes in a thread under 'Lance & Combat Organization' and we'll fix you up.

If you want to start a lance, go to 'Lance & Combat Organization,' read the template for your lance recruitment page, and post it in a thread in there.

#11 BlakesBully

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Signed up!

Great job in organizing this!

#12 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostBlakesBully, on 15 June 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Signed up!

Great job in organizing this!

Thanks! I'm doing my best, and I really don't want to see any House stripped down to just core worlds. It'd depress me deeply if Kurita and Liao became the only powerhouses of the Sphere, simply because nobody else was prepared for what they have in store.

That said, I was tempted to join a Merc company. Honestly, I still may; but if I defect, I'll certainly leave that website and organization in the hands of a good Free Worlds League player.

For now though, I'm League all the way, and I'll do my best to set us up and help take OUR slice of the pie and defend it from every dirty Drac, Daviot, etc. all in the spirit of House Marik.

#13 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Signed up.

#14 Randalf Yorgen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

but the draks are our allies against the FedCom as is Liao.... lol Anyways, I'm still sitting on the fnece about this, I will check it out though. Sounds like you are putting a lot of effort into this so I tip my hat to you sir. well done.

Oh, either you are with the Eagle or you are not, saying that you MIGHT still go to the Mercs has done more damage to you then shooting yourself in the foot.

Cheers

#15 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostRandalf Yorgen, on 15 June 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

Oh, either you are with the Eagle or you are not, saying that you MIGHT still go to the Mercs has done more damage to you then shooting yourself in the foot.

Doesn't mean I can't help out the FWL. Even if I switch I'm giving you guys the site. I don't really care whether or not the FWL players call me loyal, I just want the FWL to be a force to contend with in the game. It won't be fun if we get beaten out, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we're the smallest or second smallest faction, regardless of whether or not I'm actually a member of it.

Edited by logicaltightrope, 15 June 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#16 Lord Mortak

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Bumpity Bump

#17 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

We have cinnamon rolls and coffee, loyal FWLM pilots only! SIGN UP!

#18 The Justicar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

View Postsoulfire, on 14 June 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

I'm wondering if the game itself will organize house units when it starts. The game may bestow ranks on house players also so be aware. No ones knows for sure on anything yet. Cant hurt to organize.

Its been stated that the game WILL organize players in-game based on Loyalty Points. That being said, I have no problem updating the site to reflect in-game changes. I.E. if the game puts you in "x" company with "x" rank, I can devise a system that will reflect these changes on the site/forums. It may yet be that players would be able to make groups of their own within the faction in-game.

It remains to be seen how useful the enjin site will be, but why not start early? So far we have a dedicated admin/mod staff and the ability to move to a "real" site if necessary. How many other houses can say that at this point? Marik's getting its **** together. Just as it should be!

#19 Moose13

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

I rented a team speak server to help organize league business. Server information is located on http://housemarik.enjin.com/home forums. You will have to register to the forum. This is for FWL members to start organizing and a place to chat.

#20 FirestormRMA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

< S > ALL

Before we start any websites or JOIN any websites lets find out WHO is leading the House , I thank you for putting up a website

and trying to get things going but their are a great deal of DIFFERENT House Marik Members , Some from one game and not another

and so on . My Unit The RedMoon Angels , House Marik , Elite MarikGuard OMD District , will be only TAKING orders from MPBT

Leadership as i know they have over 10 YEARS of XP running a house with hundreds to thousands of players online at once . I know the

feeling guys , but you need a , NO hurry , no worries state of mind right now , We have TS3 servers up and so on and are working to see

which one is better , Ventrilo or TS3 (price , number of players , channels, so on ) So before we join any websites or SIGN UP to one

lets make sure they are the VOICE of House Marik < S >

Fear This Eagle ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users