Founder's Account - Where Do You Start?

16 replies to this topic

#1 scbypwr

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Hello,

New player and founder. It looks like I have 20k MC but can't buy any mechs. I have four mech bays, I have NOT activated the premium time, and I can't find any information on how to proceed.

Can anyone explain what is going on?

Also, what is a good starter Founder's mech with load out that I can play the first 25 matches with.

I picked atlas with three large lasers and one ac10 with heat of about 1.5.

Thanks

Edited by scbypwr, 13 September 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

You should have four 'Mech Bays for the Founder 'Mechs. You should also have four empty 'Mech Bays.

1. Click one of the empties. Buy Mech should highlight.
2. Click it again.
3. You should be able to buy any 'Mech in the listings to the right (the five categories are Hero 'Mechs, Lights, Mediums, Heavies, and Assaults). Down at the bottom-right are three buttons -- Buy MC, Buy CB, and Cancel. You will be using the Buy MC button to use the MC you have. Or, you could hold off and use the bonus C-Bills you earn for your first 25 matches. If you want to do that, then use the Buy CB button after you've earned enough C-Bills.

Your first 25 matches are supposed to be for experimentation so you can learn more about what you like and don't like. Try all four Founder 'Mechs and see if anything pops out as working for you. I suggest waiting to buy a 'Mech until after your C-Bill bonus ends. That way you don't waste MC on something you won't ever pilot.

#3 scbypwr

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the reply...I saw the buy MC button and assumed that meant to buy additional MC...LOL!

I guess I am going to be good with the assault founders mech for now? So many options and no 'real' standout amongst the crowd.

Thanks again.

#4 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

My founders atlas has 2 large lasers, 2 medium lasers, 1 ac 20 and 2 srm6s.. it's a solid build

You'll need to use double heatsinks, you can also change out the 2 large lasers for 2 er large.. but more heat.

Edited by Ghost Bear, 13 September 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#5 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Your founder's 'Mechs are definitely usable for the time being. Don't waste your MC on buying standard variants of other 'Mechs, save it for use on Hero 'Mechs, more mechbays, or camos and colors.

#6 scbypwr

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Thanks for the info. I am fiddling around with it atm and do have dbl heatsinks.

I like the build you mentioned but I am also playing around with the three large lasers and ac10. Keeping it on chainfire allows for almost constant firing with minimal heat build up.

Switching it too two weapons groups (two weapons each) also allows for a good firing time before heat buildup forces you to do something differently.

Anyone know how active the nooby TS server is. I am going to probably log in later today and see how annoying I can be. I hope for a patient soul to answer my silly questions.

LOL

View PostDEMAX51, on 13 September 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Your founder's 'Mechs are definitely usable for the time being. Don't waste your MC on buying standard variants of other 'Mechs, save it for use on Hero 'Mechs, more mechbays, or camos and colors.

That's what my plan was. I have read that the ilya is the 'best' of the hero mechs.

Comments?

#7 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

Ilya's pretty good. I also like the Misery. I've seen people do well with the majority of them though, really. My advice is to play around with many of the different c-bill variants, see what your preferred playstyle is, and then choose a Hero that would work well for you.

#8 scbypwr

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

I kinda found something like this so far

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2ae56ab43b09b59

#9 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Welcome to the party. Where have you been for the last year? :D

Anyway, MC is also useful for converting mech xp to general xp (GXP) after you've fully elited the chassis. This allows you to purchase module skills earlier, or level a variant that you hate in a chassis you like. For example, if there is an atlas variant you hate, but need to complete it to get your elite tag the other 2, you can use GXP to skip the grind.

There is currently a 2x GXP conversion bonus running. Usually it's 50 GXP per 1 MC, but right now it's 100.

Other than that, mech bays and hero mechs. That 20k will burn down fast enough.

#10 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostS3dition, on 13 September 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Usually it's 50 GXP per 1 MC, but right now it's 100.

It's normally 25 and currently 50.

#11 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Welcome to the fold.

#12 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

save the MC exclusively for

mech bays
hero mechs
champion mechs
colors & cammo

(yes, in that order... for me i would stick with bays & hero mechs only)...

don't do gxp conversions (it is a waste)

if intend to play consistently - click premium time now... but mind you 90 days is freaking long time...

you have already "wasted" your premium time because they nerfed the c-bills...

#13 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

You should note that 3 LLas will activate the "Ghost Heat" penalty. It's better to stick with two. Other than that, your buiild looks pretty good,

#14 scbypwr

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Anyone suggest a casual but dedicated group to learn how to play with. I am a former Chromehounds player form the xbox mech game if that helps any. Lol.

Thanks

Edited by scbypwr, 16 September 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#15 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Jump on the Comstar teamspeak server (you'll obviously need to download and install Teamspeak to do this) at na1.mech-connect.net . You'll find a number of people on there running 4 mans who'll usually be happy to help out. Look around the forums for a company that's recruiting (lots of them atm with community warfare coming up), and talk to some members to find out if you might fit in. Alternatively use the TS server and find a few pug players that fit the bill and friend them so you can run with some groups at least some of the time and get a sense of the teamplay aspect of the game.

Or choose a faction and jump on their TS server (if they have one, not sure about anyone else but Davion definitely does) and maybe join a faction oriented company.

#16 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

There are nightly players in the 2old2play Raidcall channel, if you're interested in playing with a bunch of geezers! Check the link in my sig. :)

#17 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

lol, new founder. Living the dream.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users