5 replies to this topic

#1 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Two Titanc Franchises of the gaming universe.
I want to have a fun thread where people look for, find, and post similarities between these two titanic Franchises.
I will start.
  • M:TG has five primary colors.
  • MW:O has five Great houses.
  • M:TG has colorless artifacts that work for any color deck.
  • MW:O has Comstar, a supposedly nuetral 31 century AT&T that works for any house.
  • In M:TG Artifacts have a time or two been the focus of a cycle forcing people to either play with Artifacts or against them, as they attempt to conquer the colored worlds.
  • In MW:O Comstar is the source of the Jihad cycle of BT. Focusing on their attempts to conquer all the Great Houses and bring them under Comstar control.
  • M:TG has various creatures ranging from one mana to ten mana and up.
  • MW:O has various mechs costing from 1 million to 24(?) million C-bills.
  • In M:TG Colors have other Colors they will work well with, and other colors are deadly opposites. Though different cycles change which ones they work best with.
  • In MW:O, Great House can cooperate well with each other, or be deadly enemies. Who they work well with or engage in all out war is ever changing.

Anyway, that is a start. Please, try to be positive and have some fun with finding similar grounds between two of my favorite games.

#2 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Continuing:
  • Battletech has Solaris 7
  • M:TG first novel had, upon redemption of the coupon, a card that allowed one of your creatures to battle one on one against an enemy creature. The novel and the card had the same name: Arena
  • In M:TG, Planeswalkers gather connections to distant lands allowing them to tap them for Mana and other advantages. They also battle other Planeswalkers for control of specially select lands.
  • As I understand CW, Mercorps In MW:O will battle for planets which will provide them with advantages such as cheaper repair and rearm as well as access to cheaer (perhaps unique) equipment.
  • In M:TG, a long standing mechanic was the Knight War. White Knights Vs. equal Black Knights. Each had first strike and protection from the other.
  • In MW:O, well just look at any thread on these Forums with over 200 posts and it is a good bet the Knights are at each others throats in that thread. They are immune to each other, the only casualties are the bystanders.

Edited by 3Xtr3m3, 21 September 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#3 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Am I the only one who has no idea what M:TG is?

Standard rule of thumb for using acronyms: First spell out the words COMPLETELY before using acronyms

#4 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Really?
  • M:TG has fantastical mythological creatures. One of which is the various forms of Trolls.
  • In MW:O, See the post above this one.

Edited by 3Xtr3m3, 21 September 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostSybreed, on 21 September 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Am I the only one who has no idea what M:TG is?

Standard rule of thumb for using acronyms: First spell out the words COMPLETELY before using acronyms

Magic: The Gathering.

#6 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Hmm. not bad that comparisson. Maybe you could also compare MWO to WH, FF, WC, GW and CC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users