Give Founders Their Own Decal

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Give Founders Their Own Decal (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support this suggestion? (Please read post before voting)

1. Yes (25 votes [78.12%])

Percentage of vote: 78.12%

2. No (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Undecided (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'm a Legendary Founder, and as such I believe that I should be able to be easily recognized in battle as a Founder. However, at the moment, all Founders 'Mech look just lik etheir standard variants (no special geometry), their skin is barely noticeable anymore (dull, dark, and not contrasting enough compared to some hero 'Mechs), and there's no externally visible decal or logo showing the Founders tag.

The only way to know if a pilot is a Founder is to look at the scoreboard, IF he enabled the option to show his tag.

Some Hero 'Mechs have cool decals that can be applied on their 'Mechs. Why not grant all Founders a Founders logo decal that can be applied to any 'Mech chassis/variant?

I'm asking this because with the coming Phoenix Packages and all of the Hero 'Mechs, the founders 'Mechs are rendered obsolete. They are now uncool and boring compared to everything else. Even the CBill and XP bonuses are less than the Phoenix 'Mechs.

What does Founders 'Mechs have? 25% CBill bonus per match, and a dull and barely noticeable paint-job.

I think a new visible Founders decal is the least that we should get if we are not getting anything else.

Edited by Tweaks, 14 September 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Come on. Its thread No. XX about making founder mechs better. Like said in another thread making them equal to the phoenix mech with the bonus is ok for me. The rest isnt fair. And the design IS unique - look at the Catapult or One eyed Atlas.

#3 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostGalen Crayn, on 14 September 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

Come on. Its thread No. XX about making founder mechs better. Like said in another thread making them equal to the phoenix mech with the bonus is ok for me. The rest isnt fair. And the design IS unique - look at the Catapult or One eyed Atlas.

Galen, did you read the post completely? How is adding a simple DECAL that can be applied to any 'Mech making the Founders 'Mechs better?

I'm not asking for the founders 'Mechs to be better, I'm asking for a little more recognition towards Founders from PGI by giving us something exclusive that only founders can get and clearly shows our founders status on our 'Mechs, and it's only a decal.

As for the geometry that's different on Founders 'Mechs, what is it exactly? Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see the differences between my standard Jenner and my Founders Jenner.

Edited by Tweaks, 14 September 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#4 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostTweaks, on 14 September 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

all Founders 'Mech look just lik etheir standard variants (no special geometry),

While I do think when decals are in place a special Founders decal would be cool (Decals are not in the game yet, so I'm not sure where you get that "Some Hero 'Mechs have cool decals that can be applied on their 'Mechs." thing from.) the above quoted statement is false.

(Links to concept art provided for comparison.)
Founders Jenner has a unique rounded cockpit as opposed to the angular cockpit.
Founders Catapult has a pointed nose instead of the snub nose.
Founders Atlas has an entirely different head model compared to the standard.
Founders Hunchback also has a different head model than the standard.

#5 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostRisko Vinsheen, on 14 September 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

While I do think when decals are in place a special Founders decal would be cool (Decals are not in the game yet, so I'm not sure where you get that "Some Hero 'Mechs have cool decals that can be applied on their 'Mechs." thing from.) the above quoted statement is false.

(Links to concept art provided for comparison.)
Founders Jenner has a unique rounded cockpit as opposed to the angular cockpit.
Founders Catapult has a pointed nose instead of the snub nose.
Founders Atlas has an entirely different head model compared to the standard.
Founders Hunchback also has a different head model than the standard.

Ok, I stand corrected then. I don't own each of the standard variants so I could compare but couldn't see the difference with my Jenners. It's very subtle I guess, but now that you showed it I see it. Thanks. I'll edit my post.

As for the decals, I'm sorry. I guess I meant custom camo. Some have writings and logos (like the Sherman cross and the target signs). I though they were decals. Either way, whether it's a special custom skin for Founders or an actual decal (from the decal tab), it's the same effect that I'm referring to.

Edited by Tweaks, 14 September 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#6 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Whereas I agree and voted Yes to your proposal for anyone who paid to become a Founder at the inception of MWO, I also believe that some form of Tac symbol / Decal etc should be awarded to and automatically placed on a prominent point of the torso / fuselage of their fire unit for those who took part in the Closed beta phase. These Guys & Gals have a similar status to the Founders in that they endured the "Interesting" effects and issues that manifested themselves at the beginning. They were also selected by PGI to take part in that phase, it was not their god given right.

#7 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostOppresor, on 14 September 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Whereas I agree and voted Yes to your proposal for anyone who paid to become a Founder at the inception of MWO, I also believe that some form of Tac symbol / Decal etc should be awarded to and automatically placed on a prominent point of the torso / fuselage of their fire unit for those who took part in the Closed beta phase. These Guys & Gals have a similar status to the Founders in that they endured the "Interesting" effects and issues that manifested themselves at the beginning. They were also selected by PGI to take part in that phase, it was not their god given right.

We weren't selected by PGI. Someone at PGI sent invites out to the wrong people :D
But at least they were nice enough to let us join anyway :)

#8 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

Good idea. but honestly i think PGI has done enough for us already.

what i want is an ability to use the original founders skin, OR the new ones on the 4 founders mechs.

#9 Xanquil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 474 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

What about those of us that were invited into closed beta before we became founders? I guess we are just "special". :D

#10 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

I support this idea fully. I am sick to death of the fact that the only change I can make to my founders Atlas, is the color of the skunk stripe.

#11 Deadmeat313

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationPreston - UK

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

I like the idea, as long as it looks appropriately canon.

In Planetside 2 I got the Alpha Squad package, and was disappointed to see the patch they gave me just said "Alpha Squad" on it in fancy letters. Not very immersive.

I think the forum logo "shield" would work fine.

#12 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostDeadmeat313, on 15 September 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

I think the forum logo "shield" would work fine.

That's also what I had in mind. With the colour too. You would also only get the colour matching your founders package.

#13 miscreant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm only a veteran founder, but it's only because I could not afford anything higher (family first)....

But I do support this, recognizing those who helped them out at the start would be great...

#14 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Yes, please.

#15 Leppard

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

I vote yes, i think a little something is not to much to ask for.

We did support the game from the start and with out us the game might not have gotten of the ground.

#16 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

Decals

soon™

#17 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

I like this idea.

#18 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Special founders insignia that can be displayed on your mech once decals are in? Sounds like a deal to me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users