26 replies to this topic

#21 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostIceCase88, on 17 September 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

So is the meaning of "cheese" now any effective build?

Close. According to the Basement Dweller's 2013 Guide, "cheese" now refers to anything that may cause a momentary inconvenience to a player or, at worst, may cause a given player to reevaluate his playstyle. Basically, "Anything that hurts me is cheese and OP".

In other words, the Hunchback 4P with 9 TAG lasers will never be considered, "cheese".

#22 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

Isn't the whole point of a Jager is it's ability to "boat" ballistics? I can't imagine the 6 ballistic hardpoints on a DD are for machine guns.

I prefer to run triple UAC5 with 9 tons of ammo, XL250 and a sL.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...98477f016c1d266

75 rounds per gun is enough when you don't miss much.

Edited by CygnusX7, 17 September 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#23 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 17 September 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Close. According to the Basement Dweller's 2013 Guide, "cheese" now refers to anything that may cause a momentary inconvenience to a player or, at worst, may cause a given player to reevaluate his playstyle. Basically, "Anything that hurts me is cheese and OP".

In other words, the Hunchback 4P with 9 TAG lasers will never be considered, "cheese".

So true... Essentially, nerf the red team and buff the blue team.

#24 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

View Poststalima, on 14 September 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

ive seen lots of twin ac 20 jags but... what if this Quadultra came around the corner for you... while it eats ammo like nothing else will and is rather slow... the dps it can output makes even double ac20s look bad... for the record the 7 tons of ammo is still enough to put out 875 dmg overall.

give it ratings! and cheese ratings too!

Sorry. But as a player who knows, if I ever see anything like this, I know to go for the legs.

#25 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

the reason this is cheesy isnt because of it being a tough or fast mech, its because it simply waits until ppl are occupied then downs them in less than 5 seconds with a good stream of hits, its not designed for taking lights much like an LRM boat but it will obliterate 2-3 heavys in seconds if your a good shot and... lucky

its basically a guaranteed 500-600 damage quick kill mech that ruins the enemys day so long as you arent running off solo...

in the end if youve destroyed or seriously damaged 3-5 mechs youve done more than your share

and using an XL engine for the sake of 1 ton of ammo is out of the question due to its armour value and size, its supposed to be slow and mid level armoured since its a mech that you arent actually planning on lasting the entire battle for anyway and its actual dps is far higher than pretty much anything else, blow ammo then cause a distraction.

(also if you use the updated version in post 7 you wont overheat till youve used nearly 60% of your ammo without stopping)

Edited by stalima, 17 September 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#26 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

there ya go, the few days of fun is over, nerfed enough so nothing more to see here!

ill be figuring out some other crazy design in the mean time

#27 veedubfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Why bother. The Ilya with 3 uac5s and 11 tons of ammo will do over 1000 damage any fight that you don't decide to lead the charge. The quad ac2 jager easily pushes out over 800 damage from 600+ meters.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users