3 replies to this topic

#1 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=78&l=47f06f2128deabc0f3fecc394ccac8056849957e

I
was kind of considering downgrading to a regular engine and just one AC5 and having a machine gun since ill be moving with a quickness.

#2 Drakari

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

I recommend storing ammo in the order cockpit, legs, arms on Blackjacks, and most mechs for that matter especially when running XL engines.

Other than that, solid build. I would drop one heatsink to put in a couple jump jets but that's up to you. I also run the XL 235, but it's not worth the extra cost if you already have a 225.

As for putting in a standard, I don't think it's worth it on a Blackjack. Your side torsos aren't very good for shielding anyway, so having more speed for getting into and out of combat more easily and more tonnage available for weapons is a better deal. On the other hand, I've had some people insist sticking to a slower standard engine makes it that much less likely that a slightly off-target alpha will kill you, and argues that the Blackjack shouldn't be far enough away from the team to draw any focused fire that would need to be escaped from.

#3 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

- Keep the XL engine since you shouldn't be the focus of enemy fire anyway.
- Save weight by reducing engine size.
- Take more ammo and armor (no idea how you're lasting the whole game with only 60 rounds).
- Move lasers to arms for greater firing arc.

Optional:
-Switch to a BJ-1
-Drop the AMS for jumpjet/more lasers

#4 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Personally with that build (only 2 lasers in torso) I would always go with the BJ-1 for 2 reasons:
- Options of jump jets (which are very useful on a BJ)
- 20 Deg more torso twist, and therefore faster torso twist, better for keeping yourself alive and dealing damage in brawls

Otherwise it looks good, but I would recommend more ammo if possible, and if you can get the biggest engine going, speed = survivability. Also you can drop a heat sink, you don't really need 66% efficiency, put the extra ton to good use (I would actually drop both if you didn't need the 10 minimum).

As for the engines, with a BJ just go for the biggest you can, the speed is critical, I always go XL on my BJ's (pun intended) simply to get some decent weapons on it, this is my build if you ever go for a BJ-1:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...486f8c278a2ee8c

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users